Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
03-31-2009, 02:21 PM   #31
Inactive Account

Response from Pentax

Technically, product shipped from Canada to a US customer is considered grey market and will not be repaired under warranty. International warranties are for customers who buy cameras in another country (not shipped from one country to the next), then go to their home country (i.e. bought a camera in Canada, then drove it across the border = OK, bought it from a store in Canada that shipped it to the US = NOT OK).

If the Pentax service department sees a reciept for a product invoiced from a company in Canada, or any other country for that matter, and shipped to a U.S. address, it sends up a very large red flag that the product is technically not covered under warranty.

03-31-2009, 02:42 PM   #32

I had a not so good experience from their ebay store. i purchased a DA40, they hold the order for a week,after i asked about the status, they told me the item was out of stock waiting for new shipment. then i ended up cancel the order. but at the same time, they still selling the same item on ebay.
03-31-2009, 06:51 PM   #33
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
Hmmmmmm...??

QuoteOriginally posted by JCPentax Quote
Technically, product shipped from Canada to a US customer is considered grey market and will not be repaired under warranty. ...bought it from a store in Canada that shipped it to the US = NOT OK).
So... Please explain this:

https://www.pentaxforums.com/forums/487617-post16.html

03-31-2009, 07:41 PM   #34

Technically, product shipped from Canada to a US customer is considered grey market and will not be repaired under warranty. International warranties are for customers who buy cameras in another country (not shipped from one country to the next), then go to their home country (i.e. bought a camera in Canada, then drove it across the border = OK, bought it from a store in Canada that shipped it to the US = NOT OK).

If the Pentax service department sees a reciept for a product invoiced from a company in Canada, or any other country for that matter, and shipped to a U.S. address, it sends up a very large red flag that the product is technically not covered under warranty.
I think this applies when bought directly from a Canadian/foreign retailer and shipped or carried to US. Regular warranty is probably valid when purchased thru Amazon.com, since Amazon is viewed as an online retailer (store) in the US.

FYI, I bought my k20d and da-40mm from "prophotobags" thru Amazon (no issue, btw). I contacted Penax-USA and inquired if the standard Canadian 2yr warranty was valid in the US. I was told otherwise. But they did extend the 1yr US warranty to 3yr -- there had been an extended warranty promo at that time -- after providing proof-of-purchase from Amazon (sales reciept).

04-23-2009, 09:28 AM   #35
Veteran Member

Just an update... looks like Carman's/prophotobags/prodigital2000 finally got the DA 40 back in stock. Mine shipped yesterday, at the old price.
04-23-2009, 01:25 PM   #36

these guys will "sell" you gear they do not have in stock. I bought a Pentax 100 Macro, a 31mm ltd, and a lowepro pack from them on Ebay and waited for over a month while they tried to get the macro in stock. eventually they refunded my money on the 100mm macro and sent me the 31 ltd and the lowepro... I did get a great deal on the lens and pack..but kinda lame they sell gear they dont actually have.
02-10-2010, 09:21 PM   #37
Veteran Member

Good to know, Thanks

Good to know, Thanks