Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
03-06-2014, 04:26 AM   #1

Trouble mounting Sigma Lens

I have a Pentax Kx which has a standard Pentax 18-55mm lens and I only use the Auto Picture Mode.
I have just purchased a Sigma APO 70-300mm F4-5.6 DG MACRO Lens.
When I mount the Sigma Lens, then the display says Av Aperture Priority Automatic Exposure and I can't use the camera.
If I exchange back to original lens then the display is back on Auto Picture Mode and camera operates.
What am I doing wrong?

03-06-2014, 07:29 AM   #2
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
The Sigma lens has an aperture ring. Is the ring set to the 'A' position? There is a small button on the ring that has to be pressed to position the ring on 'A'.
03-06-2014, 07:30 AM   #3
Inactive Account

Photos: Albums
Does the lens have an aperture ring? It must be set to the A position to work properly in all modes.

If it doesn't have an aperture ring or it is already set to A then the contacts are likely dirty.
03-06-2014, 10:16 PM   #4

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by boriscleto Quote
The Sigma lens has an aperture ring. Is the ring set to the 'A' position? There is a small button on the ring that has to be pressed to position the ring on 'A'.
Thanks very much. Needed to be set to A position. Works fine now. Thanks again.

---------- Post added 03-07-14 at 04:17 PM ----------

QuoteOriginally posted by elliott Quote
Does the lens have an aperture ring? It must be set to the A position to work properly in all modes.

If it doesn't have an aperture ring or it is already set to A then the contacts are likely dirty.
Thanks very much. Needed to be set to A position. Works fine now. Thanks again.

Read more at: https://www.pentaxforums.com/forums/58-pentax-beginners-corner-q/253884-troub...#ixzz2vFdBXI69