Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home
 

Reply
Show Printable Version Search this Thread
05-14-2010, 02:00 PM   #16
Ira
Inactive Account




Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Coral Springs, FL
Photos: Gallery | Albums
Posts: 5,218
Something seems a little weird to me on the turn that this thread took.

Discuss.

05-14-2010, 03:01 PM   #17
New Member




Join Date: May 2010
Location: St.Albert
Posts: 7
Original Poster
Sorry, what do you mean? I got info, and a thank everyone for it. Am I missing something here? Did I do something wrong?
05-14-2010, 03:40 PM   #18
Veteran Member




Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Deep Forest
Posts: 630
QuoteOriginally posted by jaspap Quote
Thanks for all the info people, I appreciate it. Yes, the lens does say Tamron. I got a call from my sister saying her friend will offer me $500 for everything. So did I just get lucky, or do you think I should hold onto it. Money is not a huge thing right now for me, but I know I will never use the camera.
If that deal goes through, I say that's TWO times you got incredibly lucky! But then I'd use the camera and lens...
05-14-2010, 03:54 PM   #19
New Member




Join Date: May 2010
Location: St.Albert
Posts: 7
Original Poster
Ya, I agree with you there. Just from the info all of you gave me, I wonder if I should just hold on to it. It seems there not that easy to find, and the lens is a hard find as well. But I just can't see myself using it, and I am not one to collect.

Just want to say thanks for all the info and help guys, I knew nothing about photography or cameras, thats why I posted on this forum. I feel like I know more now then I did before I posted, which is still not much, but it's a start.

05-14-2010, 03:56 PM   #20
Forum Member




Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: New York
Photos: Gallery
Posts: 66
QuoteOriginally posted by Ira Quote
I'm on the iTouch now and can't copy a link, but there's a K2 for sale there from a seller in Trintity, FL with no description of the lens, but check it out.

Silver, and I think I see 43mm on there!
Nah, don't let yourself be swayed by that photo. I saw that listing too. The seller simply copied the photo from Pentax K2 - Camerapedia.org. The fact that he ripped off someone else's photo as well as not indicating that it's not a photo of the actual item sold surely must be violating some terms.

Cheers,
Tassilo
05-15-2010, 06:24 AM   #21
New Member




Join Date: May 2010
Location: St.Albert
Posts: 7
Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Ira Quote
<Comment Deleted>
Wow, did I do something to you, why are you posting this? I really don't get you, I came here to get info., and I got it from everyone. My sister did not sell it, I never said that, her friend/co-worker said he would buy it. I am guessing she told him about it. Why are you asking if I can trust my sister??? You are spuwing a lot of hatred for such a simple thread. A few hours later, have you heard of telephones?? I decided not to sell it anyways, there was some good points made here to just hold on to it.

Look I don't know you, and you don't know me. So be a adult, and don't accuse people of things you dont understand. Thank-you

Last edited by Parallax; 05-15-2010 at 10:45 AM.
05-15-2010, 07:39 AM - 1 Like   #22
Site Supporter
ChipB's Avatar

Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Austin, TX area
Photos: Gallery | Albums
Posts: 1,517
QuoteOriginally posted by jaspap Quote
Wow, did I do something to you, why are you posting this? I really don't get you, I came here to get info., and I got it from everyone. My sister did not sell it, I never said that, her friend/co-worker said he would buy it. I am guessing she told him about it. Why are you asking if I can trust my sister??? You are spuwing a lot of hatred for such a simple thread. A few hours later, have you heard of telephones?? I decided not to sell it anyways, there was some good points made here to just hold on to it.

Look I don't know you, and you don't know me. So be a adult, and don't accuse people of things you dont understand. Thank-you
Please don't let some folk's attitude put you off this forum - there's a LOT of good folks here who like nothing more than to actualy HELP folks - NOT put them down.

Oh, by the way - Welcome to Pentax Forums!
05-15-2010, 09:20 AM   #23
New Member




Join Date: May 2010
Location: St.Albert
Posts: 7
Original Poster
Thanks man, I appreciate it. I do like this forum, and I wont let one bad seed wreck it for me. Thank you for the comment.

05-15-2010, 02:25 PM   #24
Moderator
Site Supporter
Blue's Avatar

Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Florida Hill Country
Photos: Gallery | Albums
Posts: 17,166
QuoteOriginally posted by Ira Quote
Not worth much, unless:

Exactly what does it say on the front of the lens?

It looks like it says "Tamron" on the barrel, and is that the only lens?
That's not a bad lens as far as adII zooms go. It obviously has a PK ad2 mount which is worth $20+. The Velbon tripod looks like a decent basic model. Factor in the K2 as everyone stated.

The K2 has a stepless metal shutter when operated in the Automatic mode and was the top body until the LX came out. The LX is the only mf k-mount body that Pentax ever made that was better than the K2 IMHO.
05-15-2010, 03:59 PM - 1 Like   #25
Ira
Inactive Account




Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Coral Springs, FL
Photos: Gallery | Albums
Posts: 5,218
QuoteOriginally posted by ChipB Quote
Please don't let some folk's attitude put you off this forum - there's a LOT of good folks here who like nothing more than to actualy HELP folks - NOT put them down.
Well, I kind of do that usually too. But every now and then, I suspect something that isn't quite kosher.

So am I allowed to point that that?

My general attitude is generally positive, and I try to be as helpful as possible.

Under what premise do you claim the right to say that I've been otherwise, and to disparage me with such a blanket condemnation?

I got an INFRACTION for my statements here, so I'm not in a great mood right now.
05-15-2010, 06:28 PM   #26
Veteran Member
Mike Cash's Avatar

Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Japan
Photos: Gallery
Posts: 6,952
QuoteOriginally posted by jaspap Quote
Thanks for all the info people, I appreciate it. Yes, the lens does say Tamron. I got a call from my sister saying her friend will offer me $500 for everything. So did I just get lucky, or do you think I should hold onto it. Money is not a huge thing right now for me, but I know I will never use the camera.
Your sister's friend is an idiot. If you have no sympathy for idiots, take her money. If you are a tender-hearted soul, tell her you'll be glad to sell it to her but would like to determine the fair market value first (which is nowhere near $500).

Has anyone made sure the camera is even in working order yet?

Also, in the film era, there was no such thing as a color camera or a black and white camera. That was determined by what sort of film you put into it.
Reply

Bookmarks
  • Submit Thread to Facebook Facebook
  • Submit Thread to Twitter Twitter
  • Submit Thread to Digg Digg
Tags - Make this thread easier to find by adding keywords to it!
camera, leather, pentax help, photography
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search



All times are GMT -7. The time now is 11:37 PM. | See also: NikonForums.com, part of our network of photo forums!
  • Red (Default)
  • Green
  • Gray
  • Dark
  • Dark Yellow
  • Dark Blue
  • Old Red
  • Old Green
  • Old Gray
  • Dial-Up Style
Hello! It's great to see you back on the forum! Have you considered joining the community?
register
Creating a FREE ACCOUNT takes under a minute, removes ads, and lets you post! [Dismiss]
Top