Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
05-14-2010, 12:21 PM   #1

Exposure Bracketing

Hi everybody,
Just wondering what does that red blinking number mean on exposure bracketing area. for example if i move the bracketing too far +/- that one border goes more thatn +/- 3 then that side the number start to blink. I know it means something wrong but dont know what exactly it means?

Thx

05-14-2010, 01:04 PM   #2
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
I'm assuming you have the K-x. The camera can add or subtract a maximum of three stops from its base meter reading. You can shift the base meter reading by using exposure compensation (+/- Av button), and expand the steps between bracketed shots, but you can't exceed that three-stop total range. That's what the blinking is telling you.

You get more Ev range with the K-7 but still can't exceed it.
05-20-2010, 09:37 AM   #3

Original Poster
Thx. another question I dont know what i did but the bracketing doesn't work anymore. I go to drive mode and set it to 3 stop but it just take 1 shot. i try M and Av but it just take one shot. Any clue about what i did bc it was working before.
05-20-2010, 03:06 PM   #4
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Maybe set Multi-Exposure mode? The manual says (p. 111 or 139) that you can't set them both at once. (The K-x and K-7 are the same here.) If it's not Multi-Exposure, it's probably some other mode that's not compatible with bracketing. If you can't find it, you can always reset the camera to default settings and see if it works then.

05-21-2010, 07:05 AM   #5
Banned

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by iman1981 Quote
Thx. another question I dont know what i did but the bracketing doesn't work anymore. I go to drive mode and set it to 3 stop but it just take 1 shot. i try M and Av but it just take one shot. Any clue about what i did bc it was working before.
Check the Custom Settings menu, the "One Push Bracketing" item should be set to "ON".
05-22-2010, 01:09 PM   #6

Original Poster
I did reset the the setting to default but it seems it doesn't work. i dont know if im missing anything. set the drive mode to exposure bracketing and put camera in M or Av and shoot. Am i missing something?
05-22-2010, 03:34 PM   #7
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Just FYI - Besides Multi-exposure, these other modes won't work with exposure bracketing: Bulb, Moving Object, Pet and Kids.

The only other thing I can think of to help is focus. If the camera can't focus it won't take the first shot. It's easy to check: select manual focus with the switch on the front of the camera, which tells the camera you will handle focusing. See if bracketing works then. (You'll get out of focus test shots, of course.)

05-23-2010, 05:41 AM   #8
Banned

Photos: Gallery
I don't have the K-x (if that's what you have), but on the K20 the "one push bracketing" option is set to "OFF" by default. Try turning it "ON" and see if that helps, that is if there is such an option for your camera.
05-24-2010, 01:21 AM   #9

Original Poster
Thx everybody.
I just play with the setting and it is working now. sont know what exactly was wrong but It's working now.