Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
05-16-2010, 12:40 PM   #1
Inactive Account

[langtitle=nl]zwembad foto's[/langtitle]

Foto's gemaakt met mijn K10 en Sigma 10-200 in het zwembad ( zie bijlage ) niet echt een succes. Diverse instellingen geprobeerd middels TAV. Hoe moet het wel of is dit niet mogelijk met mijn combinatie ?
foto instelling Tijd 1/25 en F 5,6

Attached Images

Last edited by Noe; 05-16-2010 at 01:23 PM.
05-16-2010, 01:32 PM   #2
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by Noe Quote
Ik heb geprobeerd met mijn K10 en Sigma DC 18 -200 lens foto's te maken in een zwembad, maar welke instelling ik ook heb toegepast, alleen maar zeer weinig licht te herkennen op de foto's zoals je ziet, Wie heeft er een advies voor mij ? Is dit sowieso niet mogelijk met mijn combinatie of .....
Instelling tijd tijd 1/25 en F 5,6
I guess you are right, it is hard with this combination.

I assume you've used the long end of the 18-200mm lens.
The photo suffers from motion blur and under exposure.

The shutterspeed of 1/25 is too slow to ensure sharp pictures, even on a tripod you will see some motion blur of the people moving.
First you need to work with a faster shutterspeed, second you need to compensate for the light coming in through the window.
The last thing is done by changing the Ev value ([+/-] button and front wheel) to Ev +1.

In order to be able to use faster shutter speeds under such poor light, you have the following options:
1. Increase the ISO value, at the cost of more image noise.
2. Use a (much) faster lens (it that case you need an other combination), at the cost of more Euro's and loss of depth of field.
3. Use a flash capable of filling in over the distance you are working with.

I hope this helps.

- Bert
05-19-2010, 09:11 AM   #3

for those of us that don't speak dutch... (thank you babelfish)

QuoteQuote:
I with my K10 and Sigma DC 18 -200 lens have tried foto' s to make in a swimming pool, but which institution I have applied also, only very little slightly to recognise on foto' s as you see, who have there a recommendation for me? Is this not possible with my combination or ..... Institution time time 1/25 and FS 5.6
05-19-2010, 10:32 AM   #4
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
I can do better Mostly literally translated:

Photos taken with my K10 and the Sigma 10-200 in the pool (see attachment) not really a success. Several settings tried using TAv. How should it be done or is it not possible with my combination.
Photo settings time 1/25 and F5.6

05-19-2010, 12:13 PM   #5
Veteran Member

Welcome to the forums Noe!
Meter on the kids since the backlight is causing your meter to compensate for that and would underexpose.
Set your metering to spot or centerweighted so the meter only measures the area where you point the lens (more on the center than the sides of the lens) and would avoid the harsh light coming from the outside..or just use fill-in flash to counteract the light coming from outside.
Good luck!
05-19-2010, 12:15 PM   #6
Veteran Member

Use a tripod..if you don't have a tripod, just brace yourself from a post or a wall of the pool area.
Set the ISO higher too!
05-20-2010, 04:16 AM   #7
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
The issue really is the slow shutter speed. I don't get the feeling that there is much camera shake -- but there is movement on the kids part. If flash is possible, it would help in this situation, particularly an external flash. The other options would be to get a faster lens or to push the iso up to the max. Not sure what iso you are shooting at here. Iso 1600 doesn't look very good on the K10, but it would get a little faster shutter speed.

05-21-2010, 07:49 AM   #8
hcc
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
I agree very much with earlier posts that the shutter speed is too slow. You may have use full manual control to get better results, and a faster lens would help definitely.

One small comment: on the left of the photo, you have a window with some natural light and some glare/reflection on the floor. I would suggest, for indoor shooting in the pool, to avoid it: it would become blank/white when you tweak the exposure.