Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
05-17-2010, 07:41 AM   #1
Inactive Account

Pentax K-x shutter went mad and wouldnt stop!

Okay so i'll outline what was going on;

Was taking some random photos of the stairs trying out the cross processing mode

Had kit lens on, manual focus, aperture of 3.5, 1/250 shutter, 800 ISO

Taking photos every 5 seconds or so, then suddenly the shutter was firing off at the full 5.7 frames per second non stop... and wouldn't stop even when i tried powering the camera off!

I tried turning the camera off, pressing the menu buttons, i even took the SD card out and that still didn't stop it -- it was only until I took the batteries out that it stopped firing off the shutter repeatedly

Anyone heard of this happening? It wasn't even taking pictures, it was just going crazy...

thanks, Lou x

05-17-2010, 08:01 AM   #2
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
I had a similar weird problem with my *ist DS last year. The shutter was firing faster than the camera could normally operate. I eventually cleaned the battery contacts and I never had the problem again. I'd seen a video of the same shutter operation on a K100D that was on a tripod that toppled. Maybe none of these are related, but cleaning the battery contacts is easy.
05-17-2010, 08:05 AM   #3
Inactive Account

Original Poster
Oh, i'll also add that it's pretty much brand new

only got it last wednesday

I was using a digital filter whilst in live preview mode, so it does the double shutter thing then displays the image -- perhaps this had something to do with it?
05-17-2010, 08:33 AM   #4
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
I'm sure I have seen a thread before.

Hm, that was on a K200D; see https://www.pentaxforums.com/forums/pentax-dslr-discussion/54644-k200d-shutter-auto-firing.html