Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
05-27-2010, 09:41 AM   #1

Flash help please

Hi Guys first off thanks for taking time to read my post - and im not going to be a one post and leave guy, i figure im gona stick around on this forum , anyway to my question..............

I have a Pentax K100d super, with a Yongnuo flash attatched to it, now where ever im in a room with little light the flash goes off as it should with no problems, but as soon as i step into sun light it does not.....so i figured it could be the automatic pict setting but couldnt see anything wrong, when i go to M (On the dial on the camera) it seems to be fine....obviously i would ideally like it to work in sunlight as a filler on shadows on peoples faces using the automatic setting.

Any help on this would be greatly appreciated.

Many Thanks

Ash

05-27-2010, 01:39 PM   #2
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
Not sure about all the details and don't know what your Yongnuo flash is like (what mode? Manual, Auto, P-TTL?) but be aware that without HSS features, your shutter speed must be 1/180 or slower. You might want to at the very least use 'P' instead of 'Auto Pict' as 'Auto Pict' disables a number of capabilities. You might want to try Tv (set to 1/180), or manual (1/180 + aperture set according to flash range/subject distance as indicated on back of flash). For fill flash in brighter light you'll usually need high shutter speed (1/180) and lowest ISO setting.
05-27-2010, 02:37 PM   #3

Original Poster
Thanks for the swift reply, the Flash is on Manual, theres 3 settings but the only one that seems to do anything with my camera is the manual setting, tried what you said about the 1/180 that seems to do the trick, thanks very much!