Inactive Account

Pentax digital camera utility v 4.11 problem

Hi !!
I have just bought a K_X and installed Pentax digital camera utility 4.10
Suddenly the program does not work any more
When trying to start program I get message
PTXUTL40.exe have got problems and needs to be closed
I have downloaded version 4.11 but the same problem appear
If this problem not is solved I will use the warranty and cancel my buy of the Pentax camera and included program.
What to do to fix the program ??
I'm running Windows XP
Regards Tomas

05-29-2010, 02:09 PM   #2

Try first Uninstalling all versions of the Pentax camera utility software. Then install from the cd.
Perhaps the first installation had a problem. Just a suggestion. chig
05-29-2010, 02:38 PM   #3
Ira
Inactive Account

Photos: Gallery | Albums
1) Clean the CD with water and dry gently with a paper towel. A fingerprint smudge on the CD can mess you up.

2) Reinstall, and if that doesn't work, see if you can download the utility program from Pentax.

3) You have a computer problem here, not a camera problem. So returning the camera for this doesn't really make any sense. There are still many other
programs that can handle your processing/storage functions, and since the Pentax utility works fine for everyone, you have a computer/ program installation problem.
05-29-2010, 04:13 PM   #4

Photos: Gallery
See this thread.

https://www.pentaxforums.com/forums/post-processing-printing-software-darkroo...4-problem.html

I had the same problem. Short story is remove the CheckInfo.ini file in the directory C:\Documents and Settings\<username>\Local Settings\Application Data\Pentax\Digital Camera Utility 4

05-30-2010, 07:20 AM   #5
hcc
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
The earlier posts should resolve your problem. Simonb gave you an excellent advice. I had the same problem and deleting the CheckInfo.ini file solved it.

Last edited by hcc; 05-30-2010 at 12:06 PM. Reason: typos