Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
06-09-2010, 10:05 PM   #16
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Original Poster
Thanks Marc, some good info to digest there. I've never been seriously into the nuts & bolts, with 35mm I'd stick to low ASA/ISO if at all possible, and shoot aperture priority if I wanted depth, and shutter priority if I wanted to stop motion. usually didn't worry much about either shooting flowers...except extreme close ups, depth can kill you there.

So I've never been very well versed in the fine points of lens speeds, "stopping down" and so forth. I trusted the light meter in my camera, and used it to get good shots. If I had low light, I tried not to use the 70-210, it didn't get very big in the aperture department, otherwise I just grabbed the lens that suited what I wanted, usually the 70-210, and off I went.

Now I'm trying to deal with a slew of settings that may not even be needed, but I'm not sure, so trial and error is my favorite game till I learn this camera.

One problem I'm seeing is in bright light I'm getting a slight "halo" around white or bright yellow, like flower petals. Nothing has stopped it yet, had the same thing with the Samsung P&S, nothing on it would kill it either.I'm just guessing, but I might try compensating -1 or 1.5, see if that might help. Only way around it so far is to put my shadow over the subject and kill the bright light.