Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
06-16-2010, 07:51 AM   #16
Ira
Inactive Account

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by photolady Quote
Sorry for hijacking this thread, but I hardly, well, never actually use the flash and only lately have been using AF, but the other night I did, and it did this:

Thanks for that. Because I thought what the heck is this camera doing now...is my camera broken?
I only know bits and pieces of this stuff, because with the KX's clean high ISO, I never use the flash. And I only use AF on my 18-55 kit lens and 90 Tammy.

But now you reminded me to investigate something:

When using either of these two lenses, can I pop the flash up and use the pre-flash only for AF assistance, and NOT have it fire?

06-16-2010, 10:14 AM   #17
Site Supporter

Probably, just close the popup flash, then shoot. And I should say, I don't have my flash set to auto popup, I do it manually with the provided button. I don't know about K-x's because I use a K100D and that's what I do. Course like I said, I seldom shoot AF anyway.

Last edited by photolady95; 06-16-2010 at 10:25 AM.
06-16-2010, 10:58 AM   #18
Ira
Inactive Account

QuoteOriginally posted by photolady Quote
Probably, just close the popup flash, then shoot. And I should say, I don't have my flash set to auto popup, I do it manually with the provided button. I don't know about K-x's because I use a K100D and that's what I do. Course like I said, I seldom shoot AF anyway.
Not enough time. Like if I'm in a bar--I mean in a church--and want to AF fast but the flash not to fire, too much work keep popping up and down the flash for each shot.
06-16-2010, 06:54 PM   #19
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by Ira Quote
Not enough time. Like if I'm in a bar--I mean in a church--and want to AF fast but the flash not to fire, too much work keep popping up and down the flash for each shot.
Can't help you then. You can't have it both ways AFAIK

06-16-2010, 11:09 PM   #20
Banned

Original Poster
I didnt use the flash, as i like to use manual controls to learn some things...

But if my wife gets the camera, turns the auto button, then auto focus, i suppose she would want to have some easy access to shoot a picture in 3 secs

Until now the flash never popped up by itself... What settings do we need to have for it to pop up?

Thanks