Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
06-13-2010, 04:44 PM   #1

new pentax user

I borrowed my moms pentax 28-80 and don't have a clue what ANY of the buttons are for, and all I am getting on the screen is Av symbol flashing?? and when i look through the camera i see lit up [ ] F-- on the inside. any suggestions on what i can try to get it to take pictures again, she told me it done i once before and she wasn't sure what she pushed to fix. She bought the camera wanted to learn to use it, she doesn't have the time for it, so i'm trying to learn so i can show her. also could someone direct me to a link thats for beginners that know nothing about the camera... thanks

06-13-2010, 05:08 PM   #2
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
Here you go.

https://www.pentaxforums.com/forums/pentax-beginners-corner-q/59272-shooting-...x-dslrs-f.html

and here in general.
https://www.pentaxforums.com/forums/pentax-beginners-corner-q/
06-13-2010, 09:28 PM   #3
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery
If this is an autofocus lens, you don't actually need the info on shooting manual lenses - you just need to make sure the aperture ring is in the "A" position.

I'm moving this thread to the beginner's forum because it is incredibly common question among beginners. In the future, do check this forum before posting general questions, and consider posting any initial questions you ahev to that forum rather than an of the more specific forums.