Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
06-20-2010, 11:47 PM   #1

Photos: Gallery
Try this,,,,It"s FREE.....

I"m seeing lots of posts over time from newbies struggling to find the "best" setting" for their K20d. This may apply to other models too...not sure.

Press FN, then OK and you"ll see which mode you"re in. Now, on each one click down to contrast and lower it two points.

Set the exposure mode to AV, with front wheel on ISO and rear wheel on aperture (you can set this in Custom menu.)

Also make sure that EV is set on 00.

Now run out to the garden and try it..if it doesn"t make an improvement I"ll give you your money back. Of course , you can always juggle the settings yourself. At the very least it will give you something constructive to do for an hour... Good luck

06-21-2010, 12:18 AM   #2
Ash
Community Manager
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
No setting is suitable for all situations, for if it weren't the case, there would be no need for all those settings on cameras. Also Dave, your above suggestion applies for JPEG shooters. RAW does away with the need to worry about contrast, hue and saturation settings on the camera.

All that's suggested in your post is to set the camera on Av mode with 0EV, which may be a good default starting point (even I have my cam set there much of the time), but does need tweaking according to the scene, lighting and subject matter.

Last edited by Ash; 06-21-2010 at 12:25 AM.