Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
06-30-2010, 07:42 PM   #16
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Original Poster
Thanks for all of the replies, very much appreciated.

Well Bigma is not going to be available until August, So i have had to delay my first lens choice... I have ordered the DA 55-300mm and the Pentax 100mm f2.8 Macro WR, and that should keep me out of trouble for a month or so. I managed to get them both for around 1k AUD which is fairly reasonable. But it will likely take 2 weeks for the order to arrive, as Pentax suck for stock around here.

I will take the DA 300mm prime advice under consideration, It's quite expensive and I'm not overly sold on that lens myself. I'm used to Zooms, so the 100mm Macro will be my first prime, so i will use that for a week or so before comitting to other primes just yet.

However with the delay of Bigma, the 300mm Prime is now under serious consideration and i have been looking at various images and reviews. It would also nicely add to my WR range.

I will keep people posted of my advancements, I really want to take some good shots and kit lens just isn't long enough.... Grrr! Thanks again, their was some useful and helpful thoughts from you all...

Cheers!