Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
06-24-2010, 01:28 PM   #1

A few Quick Questions

Staff note: This post may contain affiliate links, which means Pentax Forums may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. If you would like to support the forum directly, you may also make a donation here.

Sorry for not doing my due dilligence and researching on my own. I'm in a bit of a time crunch. I have looked over the newb lense guide but I dont exactly what I'm looking for.

This person has these three lenses on sale on cl

SMC Pentax-A 1:2 50mm Lens
Albinar ADG 1:3.9 80-200mm Lens
Promaster Spectrum7 1:2.8 28mm Lens

I'm pretty certain the top smc lens will work on my K-x but not sure about the other two.

Minolta Auto 25 Flash w/ Case

Also I have read some horror stories about older flash damaging new dslr. Is the above flash ok to use on my kx?

Thanks!

06-24-2010, 01:37 PM   #2
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
I am not familar with the 2 non pentax lenses but if he used them on the same camera as the A 50mm then yes they will work because the Pentax lens will definitely fit. You can also ask what kind of mount the 2 lenses are as a Kx is a K mount camera.

As for the flash, I cannot help you there, sorry.
06-24-2010, 02:20 PM   #3

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by KxBlaze Quote
I am not familar with the 2 non pentax lenses but if he used them on the same camera as the A 50mm then yes they will work because the Pentax lens will definitely fit. You can also ask what kind of mount the 2 lenses are as a Kx is a K mount camera.

As for the flash, I cannot help you there, sorry.

Thanks I was thinking that they must work I just didn't wanna end up with a ka mount or whatever gets locked on my camera. Guy is selling those lenses flash, case, filter and a k1000 for 80 bones. Good deal ?
06-24-2010, 02:36 PM   #4
Inactive Account

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by pinkpiratephoto Quote
Thanks I was thinking that they must work I just didn't wanna end up with a ka mount or whatever gets locked on my camera. Guy is selling those lenses flash, case, filter and a k1000 for 80 bones. Good deal ?
You are thinking of the Ricoh Pin lenses that get stuck on the camera. They don't get stuck on the K1000 because that camera has no Auto Focus.

As for the flash, This site

Photo Strobe Trigger Voltages

Lists it's voltage at 210 volts. I would leave it on the shelf and just admire it if you buy the outfit.

06-24-2010, 03:13 PM   #5

Original Poster
I was planning on using the lenses primarily on my kx.

What is the safe voltage for flash on the kx
06-24-2010, 03:55 PM   #6
Veteran Member

As long as everything is working and the lens optics are clean then yes it is a good deal. If you do plan on putting the lenses on your Kx though, just to be safe make sure you check for the very small pin located close to where the autofocus screw should be (you can always post a pic of the mount on here before you actually mount the lens). If there is a Ricoh pin, it is very easy to remove and after that the lenses will work just fine.
06-24-2010, 04:53 PM   #7

Original Poster
Great. I'm grabbin them tomorrow morning and will check it out and post some pics. Thanks for the advice!

06-24-2010, 07:32 PM   #8
Inactive Account

I was planning on using the lenses primarily on my kx.

What is the safe voltage for flash on the kx
I believe anything less than 20 volts is deemed safe these days. If you're hell bent on using one of these old high voltage flashes, there are ways of doing so such as radio or optical triggers. See the forum section on other equipment for more info on that than you'll be able to stand.

06-25-2010, 08:04 PM   #9

Original Poster
So I got the lenses. The only one that I'm not sure about is the albinar adg 80-200mm 1:3.9

I have attached some hastily taken photos, sorry i'm a poor product photographer.
Attached Images
View Picture EXIF
PENTAX K-x  Photo 
View Picture EXIF
PENTAX K-x  Photo 
View Picture EXIF
PENTAX K-x  Photo 
06-25-2010, 09:49 PM   #10
Inactive Account

That doesn't look like a K mount. The pins look right, sort of.. Does it fit the K1000?

06-26-2010, 01:59 AM   #11
Veteran Member

It's kind of hard to see the far end of the mount but I think that is a K mount and that also looks like the ricoh pin to me. Put the lens up to the camera and twist the lens like you would if you were going to mount it BUT DO NOT ACTUALLY MOUNT THE LENS and see if that little gold pin passes by the autofocus screw. If the gold pin passes over the AF screw in the mount turn then you will have to remove that pin to mount it, but at that point it will work perfectly.
06-26-2010, 12:30 PM   #12

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by KxBlaze Quote
It's kind of hard to see the far end of the mount but I think that is a K mount and that also looks like the ricoh pin to me. Put the lens up to the camera and twist the lens like you would if you were going to mount it BUT DO NOT ACTUALLY MOUNT THE LENS and see if that little gold pin passes by the autofocus screw. If the gold pin passes over the AF screw in the mount turn then you will have to remove that pin to mount it, but at that point it will work perfectly.
How would I go about removing the pin?