Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
06-26-2010, 04:04 AM   #1

Photos: Gallery
marumi adapter Pentax k

Hallo,

I have the following question, concerning the Marumi adapter bayonet to screw (T2, 42 mm)
Can I use this adapter on my Pentax K-x (digital) to attach an old Pentax prime lens (135 mm f3,5) on this camera?
If so, are there any other disadvantages, besides offcourse the fact that this lens can only be used manually?
I'm already using several M series lenses from Pentax and that works fine; I have no problems with manual focusing and determining the correct shutter/aparture values. Therefore it should be nice to be also able to use screw-mounted lenses from Pentax on this camera.

Thanks, regards, Arnoud, The Netherlands

06-26-2010, 08:08 AM   #2
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by Naturefreak Quote
Hallo,

I have the following question, concerning the Marumi adapter bayonet to screw (T2, 42 mm)
Can I use this adapter on my Pentax K-x (digital) to attach an old Pentax prime lens (135 mm f3,5) on this camera?
If so, are there any other disadvantages, besides offcourse the fact that this lens can only be used manually?
I'm already using several M series lenses from Pentax and that works fine; I have no problems with manual focusing and determining the correct shutter/aparture values. Therefore it should be nice to be also able to use screw-mounted lenses from Pentax on this camera.

Thanks, regards, Arnoud, The Netherlands
A T2-adapter will not allow you to focus to infinity and it also can only be "force-fitted" onto a M42 lens (which the old Pentax lenses are).

T2 and M42 have the same thread diameter, but a different pitch and are not interchangeable!

T2 = 42x0.75
M42= 42x1.0

So it ios possible to force the wrong adapter onto either of these threads, but usually only partially and sometimes you may even damage the threads.

Ben
06-27-2010, 01:03 AM   #3

Photos: Gallery
Original Poster
Thanks!

Thanks for your answers!
I' ll have to search for another adapter then; it doesn't sound like a good idea to purchase this adapter!
Problem is that they are not easy to get since you have to pay through using a creditcard in a lot of online shops. And I do not own a creditcard, which in the Netherlands is considered normal.
I could only find this adapter in a online dutch shop, but will continue to look further.

Regrds, Arnoud