Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
06-27-2010, 07:27 PM   #1
Inactive Account

can i use a canon lens on my kx?

My friend wants to sell her canon EF 50mm 1:1.4 lens. will it fit my kx or is there an adapter i can buy for it?

06-27-2010, 07:33 PM   #2
Inactive Account

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by 4ngi3 Quote
My friend wants to sell her canon EF 50mm 1:1.4 lens. will it fit my kx or is there an adapter i can buy for it?
You would be better off getting a Pentax A (or M) 50mm f1:1.4. I don't believe there is an adapter that will allow an EOS lens to be used on a Pentax K mount.

Edit.. If the price is right, you could resell it to finance a pentax lens.

06-27-2010, 08:25 PM   #3
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery
In general, which sometimes people cobble together adapters to sort of allow other lenses to work with limited functionality or reduction in quality, that's not something that a typical perosn would have reaosn to want to mess with. Kind of like it's probably theoretically possible with enough adapters and jury-rigging to put a Honda engine in a Ford (yes, I've used that analogy before), but it's not something the tpyical Ford owner would ever have reaosn to do.
06-28-2010, 12:10 PM   #4
Veteran Member

You CAN adapt Pentax lenses (FA and earlier) for Canon bodies, and lots of folks love using the Limiteds or FA (and older) primes on Canon bodies. Manual focus of course, but you do have full aperture control, AND the awesome Pentax optics!

IF you could physically adapt an EF lens to a K-mount body, you would not only have no autofocus, you'd have NO control over the aperture and would have to shoot wide open all the time.

There is NO mechanical linkage between the body and the lens in "EF-land", it's all electronic.