Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
06-29-2010, 06:01 PM   #1

Lens for K-7

Essentially I am returning to Pentax after a few years but still have good lenses and a flash. I am buying a K-7 while traveling and will have to wait to return home to use my 16-45 and 80-300 zooms. I am thinking of picking up a 50mm just to have something to use on this trip but I am confused by all of the mounts. Which of the older manual focus mounts will work with the K-7? What does "with limitations" really mean?

06-29-2010, 06:37 PM   #2
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
All K-mount lenses work. If the lens doesn't have AF, it AF on a DSLR. And if a lens doesn't have auto-exposure support (the ability for the camera to set aperture rather than having to use the aperture ring), then it won't have that ability on a DSLR. See the sticky thread at the top of the beginner's forum for info on how to use those fully manual lenses. The beginner's forum is also where I'm moving this, because this a very common general question among newcomers.