Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
07-04-2010, 01:39 PM   #16
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by jatrax Quote
Ken,

Maybe I bought yours.....

I think I'll try to find a lens hood for this and see if that makes a difference. It does seem to consistently over expose a bit even on good shots.

I bought it to take to the beach where I wanted versatility without changing lenses. I don't use it for much other than that.

John
Maybe ! And maybe the lens hood got lost somewhere during the shipping, bacause I remember that my included the hood .

07-04-2010, 01:54 PM   #17
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
Lesson for today: Every lens needs a lens hood.
07-07-2010, 08:19 AM   #18
Senior Moderator
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by jatrax Quote
Ira,

............it was definitely not fogging. It was 95 and no clouds which I am not used to. If it gets 95 here they declare a state of emergency.

If you spend some time in a air-conditioned building (or car) and step out into a very warm, humid environment your front element can fog briefly. (Usually, by the time you take your first shot, see that something is wrong, say WTF and turn the camera around to look at the lens, it has cleared. )
07-10-2010, 10:59 PM   #19

I was having the same problems with one of my lenses!!! I've kinda blew my budget lately. Can anyone recommend a good way to make a temporary "rigged" lens hood??? Maybe black poster-board (which I happen to have in a really super thick stock) and a little duct tape??? Any reasons that wouldn't work for a while?

07-11-2010, 03:53 AM   #20
Veteran Member

There was a website out there with just such a suggestion. Google around and you might find it.
07-12-2010, 11:31 PM   #21

Free printable cardboard lens hoods for all those that are interested...