Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
07-04-2010, 04:32 AM   #1

Photos: Albums
Accessing Raw Files

I think I took a lot of shots with the RAW+Jpeg mode checked. Please can anyone tell me how to access the Raw files to work on? In simple language please because I'm not very techie

07-04-2010, 06:41 AM   #2
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Welcome to th Forums! You need to download the images from the camera to the PC wither via the USB cable or moving the SD card from the camera to the reader on the PC. Once the images (jpg and raw) are on the PC, then use the Pentax software supplied with the camera to view, modify and save the images.

07-04-2010, 06:49 AM   #3

Original Poster
Thanks for the reply. I'm OK with accessing the images as Jpegs but can't find the raw files either with Silkypix or with Photoshop Elements, except for one image. Since then it looks like I don't have any in RAW yet the only one I got was totally at random and too much of a coincidence that I got the only one saved in raw. I'm sure the rest are there somewhere, grrrr!
07-04-2010, 08:16 AM   #4
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
If you download to a folder (I name mine by date) you will find them side by side.

07-05-2010, 01:17 AM   #5
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
I hate to say it but if you find one then you should find them all. On the SD card a simple directory search will show what is on the card.
did you set raw plus jpeg in the software or by a button push? Button push normally applies to one image only.
regards
Alistair

Last edited by adwb; 07-05-2010 at 02:23 PM. Reason: never could spell even worse now spell checkers make you lazy.
07-05-2010, 08:21 AM   #6
rkt

QuoteOriginally posted by adwb Quote
Button push normaly applies to one image only.
regards
Alistair
Yup, depending on settings, if you just pressed the RAW button, then only the next shot would be RAW ... for a more permanent setting, you need to go to the menus and set RAW or RAW+JPEG in there ... this may explain why only one RAW image was found ...
07-06-2010, 03:13 AM   #7

Original Poster
You must be right :(

Thanks for your replies. I guess you must both be right. I thought I had chosen the Raw+Jpeg option but it doesn't seem to have worked or I didn't do it properly. Lesson learned! Now I'll take more care for the future. Bother, bother, bother, kick the dog, snap at the husband, bother!