Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
08-15-2007, 05:20 AM   #16
Inactive Account

I can't help wondering what he might have done if he'd had TWO dollars ? His name wasn't Bill Gates, by any chance ???

Keep taking the Sake,

Best regards,
Richard

08-15-2007, 01:35 PM   #17
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
Hey there.. Honestly, the K10D takes amazing photos without ANY changes needed to be made.

I'll offer up this though.. If you're wanting a little more punch in the color, more than maybe real life, choose "bright" instead of 'normal' for Image Tone.

Seriously, don't change anything just yet, put the camera in ALL GREEN mode, flip the flash up and, start taking photos and post them here. Make sure you flip the flash. You're used to P&S cameras making the flash choice for you and the K10D can as well, IF you flip the flash up

Post some photos.

Ps. Adjusting the sharpness seems silly to me, especially if you're planning on getting your photos printed. Even on an 8x11 print, blurry photos look sharp when taken at 10mp.. Also, consider shooting in RAW mode - or at least think about it.
08-15-2007, 02:05 PM   #18
Veteran Member

The Pentax K10D is one excellent camera. I have had mine since march and I must say it is not that overwhelming. I am still playing with the settings, such as creating you own white balance etc. Mind you I did come from an *ist ds and MZ-5n SLR's.
I went on a recent photoshoot, and a fellow shooter, who has got a N***n D70 (which he admitted has been up specced to D70s spec) said that he also used to have Pentax Film SLR's and was quietly impressed with the K10D. He still wont change - more fool him.

As for a number of fellow snappers at Goodwood, Confused, having Pentax round their necks, I am impressed, seems that people are realising the quality of the Pentax. Shame though that the lens range is still lacking. Mind you i have got the Sigma 24-70mm F2.8 Lens as my 'kit' lens now, a bit of a beast, but superb, and works wonders with the K10D.

Anyway I digress, keep the camera, it still has the features that the novice needs, (except for those ridiculous 'portrait', 'landscape' etc settings) and play with the camera, you will learn well, and as being digital, you can delete bad images without any cost.
08-17-2007, 01:26 PM   #19
Inactive Account

Hey "Rolly"

What I really really want are 'choccie bars' with built-in GPS, so that they can automatically deliver themselves to my front door.......yum yum !

and to "Jman02", I'm fascinated to discover that the original name Rhonetree somehow transformed into the Rowntree we know and love over here ?

Best regards
Richard

08-22-2007, 10:22 AM   #20
Inactive Account

Original Poster
Well I finally took my first free digital slr class last night that came with my camera purchase. I definitely learned some good basics and do not feel intimidated with this camera anymore. He kind of recommended NOT to use green mode, but to use the P mode. Now that I feel more enightened on what to use each mode for under given conditions, I'll probably start with that. The scene modes were not well regarded either by the instructor who was a professional shooter. I was the only one in my class of about 35 people that owned a Pentax. Everyone had either Nikon or Canon except one other guy with a Sony A100.