Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
07-06-2010, 05:42 PM   #16
Nid
Inactive Account

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by ChooseAName Quote
Strange about the pink dots. Maybe it's time for the *istD to say bye bye. I have no personal experience with the *istD, but it is pretty old. That said, it would be fine to practice on it, but if you're ready to take the next step, upgrade the body to a K-x.

If your original picture was straight out of the camera JPEG, there are probably settings in the camera itself to adjust saturation and contrast. That might help your colors look a bit more lively.

I'm guessing the plastic cover on the flash goes over the actual flashy part? That's a flash diffuser meant to lessen the harshness that can occur when using flash. Makes the light "softer."

It more like a patches not a dot. I will try to find another image that showing more then this image. The spot (patch) is more obvious when print on photo paper.

Diffuser - that is the word I looking for

QuoteOriginally posted by Marc Sabatella Quote
I suppose those could be dust spots on the sensor, then, or some or of semi-dead pixels. Would be interesting to see if the pattern is always the same.

I think I have about 3 dead or damaged pixels but they were all blues. They are very obvious on dark images.

The pink spot or patch does follow people faces around. I just have no idea why it always happen on people faces, cheeks, noses and foreheads

Does not happen on some other parts of the images and only happen when I use the flash. I took some photos outdoor in bright sunlight with this camera before, didn't have this problem. I took with other lens tho,it was a big lens I think it was Sigma 200mm ( my sister won;t give me that one) LOL

07-06-2010, 06:06 PM   #17
Nid
Inactive Account

Original Poster
These two images was taken outdoor high-noon very bright no flash with the other lens that I borrowed from my sister. I will call her later to ask what kind of the lens was it.

No, pink or hot patches when print. I am beginning to think I suck at flash photography

Without flash I think these 2 images look ok. May not up to you guys standard but I can live with it

07-07-2010, 09:23 AM   #18
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery
Then I can only guess the spots are actually just reflections from overly harsh flash - the natural texture of skin tends to reflect flash unevenly. Not that it usually comes out looking as pink spots like this, but it could happen, and it's the only thing left I can think of.