Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
02-26-2013, 07:53 AM - 1 Like   #31
Veteran Member

I work in a print shop and I've never seen an image printed from a 72 ppi source file that didn't have aliasing, at a minimum. 150 ppi sometimes gives acceptable results. 200 ppi is the threshold where we stop warning the customer that their print might look like garbage. 240 ppi is the best balance between quality and managability in terms of file size. 300 ppi is fine but starting to get on the fat side.

The best thing to do is ask the printer what they need to get the best results from their equipment. I promise that they'll be very happy to tell you :-)

Bookmarks
  • Submit Thread to Facebook Facebook
  • Submit Thread to Twitter Twitter
  • Submit Thread to Digg Digg
Tags - Make this thread easier to find by adding keywords to it!
art, camera, canvas, dpi, images, pentax help, photography, res
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search