Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
07-07-2010, 10:58 PM   #1
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
Remote control for Pentax: PocketPC app. (alternate to Pentax remote)

I was excited to find an inexpensive PocketPC to use for controlling my Pentax K-x. It took some time to update the OS, but I managed to get the program to run on my device.
Remote Control for Pentax

This program was developed to replace the Pentax Remote Control F. To run this program you need to have a mobile device with Pocket PC, Windows CE, Windows Mobile, IR interface, and MS .Net Compact Framework 2.0.
Unfortunately, the camera doesn't respond to the IR command. I made sure to put the camera in remote control mode.

It says
QuoteQuote:
Wait for the shutter
, then
QuoteQuote:
Can't find the serial port!
If I change com port to COM4 it tells me
QuoteQuote:
The shutter was closed.
I don't know what to do next.

07-08-2010, 12:31 PM   #2

I have tried it on an Dell Axim X5 with the same results. Ill try it tonite on a Toshiba 740 to see if that has any sucsess... but I have a feeling the app is broken. also, some pdas
have really weak IR ports, so you might try it close to the camera.
07-13-2010, 05:44 AM   #3

Photos: Gallery | Albums
I have tried this and did not worked. But it was me, not the application...thought my HTC Touch Diamond has IR but no...bluetooth, wi-fi, bla bla, no IR.
07-13-2010, 05:51 AM   #4
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
If someone can get this to work on a dell axim I would be interested, as I have an X50

I think also there is an Iphone/Ipod application but only so far for canon and nikon. Again I would love one for my Ipod since I already have my camera manuals, a K10D application book and 2 bird guides on my Ipod

08-12-2010, 10:22 AM   #5

Tried the app on a Toshiba 740 and it didn't work on it either. Doesn't look like this app works very well except on a few select devices. It would've been nice for the time lapse features...

I've given up on it since my folks bought me the Pentax F remote for turning them on to the K-x... they bought the storm trooper white one!