Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
07-10-2010, 04:00 PM   #1
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Another Odd problem with my K100D

I think it was with the SDHC card though, but wanted to comfirm this. I was out shooting this afternoon, and came inside to upload the photos to my computer. I started out like I always do, insert card and card reader into computer. Start transfering photos via move option. It gets going and all of a sudden it says there are two of the same photo, did I want to transfer both. I've never seen this before, so wanted your opinion. Once they were in the computer they showed as number 7199 (2) and 7199. And they are two different photos.

All settings in the camera were the same as I always use except I changed one thing, and that was the focus point. Don't think that should have done this though.

07-10-2010, 05:42 PM   #2
Pentaxian

I can only tell you that my k100 has never done that.

In general what I do is to copy the files from the sdcard reader, then reformat the card in the camera before using it for additional pictures.

Paul
07-10-2010, 05:50 PM   #3
Site Supporter

Original Poster
Yeah, I just did that. Formatted in camera and took some more shots which didn't do what it did last time. I hadn't formatted for a few weeks, so maybe that cured the problem. Thanks Paul.
07-12-2010, 04:27 PM   #4
Site Supporter

Original Poster
Well, I haven't had that problem again. I don't know what happened but after asking here, I went ahead and formatted in the camera and another problem or glitch I was having disappeared also. The glitch was when I inserted my card reader the computer asked if I wanted to scan for possible problems. After formatting, that message does not appear anymore.