Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
07-15-2010, 02:18 PM   #16

My daughter finally 'stole' back the point-n-shoot camera I 'borrowed' from her some time ago. I decided not to wait for her to leave it around the house unguarded and placed an order for my K-x kit, in boring black, last night. I took advantage of the free shipping option so, unfortunately, I'll have to wait until late next week before I'll be able to start snapping photos again. Once I get used to using a DSLR there may even be some that I'll be proud enough of to post.

07-15-2010, 05:07 PM   #17
Inactive Account

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by HayTay Quote
My daughter finally 'stole' back the point-n-shoot camera I 'borrowed' from her some time ago. I decided not to wait for her to leave it around the house unguarded and placed an order for my K-x kit, in boring black, last night. I took advantage of the free shipping option so, unfortunately, I'll have to wait until late next week before I'll be able to start snapping photos again. Once I get used to using a DSLR there may even be some that I'll be proud enough of to post.
that's awesome! Since you will most likely be getting yours before I am able to get my own, would you mind telling me how you like it?

Yeah the K-7 is an awesome camera, I really love that it's weather resistant. Especially since I'll be taking my camera to the barn to get pictures of my horse, and it can get quite dusty there (though there are ways around it) but not having to worry about the camera around the dust would be great. But with the K-7 since it's not entry level I'm afraid I'd get the thing and not know how to use it! Of course I'm sure if I tinker with the camera long enough I'll figure things out. xD
07-15-2010, 06:01 PM   #18

I'll be more than happy to let you know whether I like the K-x, Confuzzled. Once I figure it out, that is. I've never used a DSLR/SLR camera before. I guess there's no time like the present to learn!

After already reading the K-x manual (PDF download from Pentax) all the way through and being thoroughly amazed at all that it can do I wouldn't worry too much about the differences between the K-x and the K-7. I'd check the specs on both, decide which one fits your needs and is within your budget and GO FOR IT! Every day you delay is one less day you have to play, I mean experiment with the camera's features and functions, before your vacation. You don't need to be trying to figure out the camera instead of enjoying your trip.

Probably no matter what you purchase you'll want another one in two or three years anyway.

PS - I just checked on my order and it shipped. It's scheduled for delivery on Monday (2010/07/19). Woo-hoo!

Last edited by HayTay; 07-15-2010 at 06:09 PM.
07-15-2010, 06:16 PM   #19
Inactive Account

Original Poster
ahaha that's only a few days away!

I'm going with the K-x, but can't order mine just yet. I must wait a few more days. So in the meantime I'm just toying with the idea of a K-7, the K-x looks to be the better option for me, a person who has only stared in envy at her friends DSLRs and has not has the chance to use one herself.
Even if I order it sometime next week I'll get it way before my vacation and I'll have plenty of time to experiment and play with all the camera settings and whatnot before vacation.