Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
07-16-2010, 07:52 PM   #1

pentax k-7 SR problem with manual focus lens

Hello guys.
Just got my k-7 this afternoon, can not help to try my manual focus lenses on it. But here I have one problem. When I use my cosina 55/f1.2 pk mount lens on the camera. When I switch to the live view mode, the camera is shaking like crazy. It is from the SR system, I think, the image on the lcd also shakes. But when I use the kit lens, everything is ok.
Did anyone encountered such kind of problem? Don't think I got a faulty k-7, might just be something I did not set correctly.....
Thanks,

07-16-2010, 10:41 PM   #2
Inactive Account

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by lwsy711 Quote
Hello guys.
Just got my k-7 this afternoon, can not help to try my manual focus lenses on it. But here I have one problem. When I use my cosina 55/f1.2 pk mount lens on the camera. When I switch to the live view mode, the camera is shaking like crazy. It is from the SR system, I think, the image on the lcd also shakes. But when I use the kit lens, everything is ok.
Did anyone encountered such kind of problem? Don't think I got a faulty k-7, might just be something I did not set correctly.....
Thanks,
What happens when you just use the Viewfinder? Meaning, can you take a picture with the lens? The camera should have asked what focal length the lens was when you turned it on. You also want to make sure you've set Use Aperture = allowed in the setup menu.

QuoteOriginally posted by TheoSixx Quote
I've heard you have to short out two of the lens contacts when using certain lenses.
Maybe the conditions you are experiencing are due to that?

Do a search to find the related content.
I just vaguely remember reading something to that effect when scanning posts.

Good luck and be certain to report back once you've obtained good results and found the solution.
That is with M42 type lenses.

07-17-2010, 06:44 AM   #3

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by JeffJS Quote
What happens when you just use the Viewfinder? Meaning, can you take a picture with the lens? The camera should have asked what focal length the lens was when you turned it on. You also want to make sure you've set Use Aperture = allowed in the setup menu.

That is with M42 type lenses.

No problem to use the viewfinder, I can take picture and the focus confirmation also works. The Use Aperture and focal length also have been set correctly.

Now I suspect it might related to the lever of the the lens. This is a M version lens, do I have to take the lever off?
07-17-2010, 02:24 PM   #4
Inactive Account

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by lwsy711 Quote
No problem to use the viewfinder, I can take picture and the focus confirmation also works. The Use Aperture and focal length also have been set correctly.

Now I suspect it might related to the lever of the the lens. This is a M version lens, do I have to take the lever off?
No, you shouldn't have to.

I put an M type lens on my camera (K30 f2.8) and the only way I can make it do what you describe is to turn off SR and shake the camera. That, or put in a Focal length that is too long for the lens.

Last edited by JeffJS; 07-17-2010 at 02:48 PM.
07-17-2010, 04:02 PM   #5

Original Poster
Problem solved by updating the firmware to 1.03.......
Now I can only hear sound when put my ear very close to the camera, don't understand why...