Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home
 

Reply
Show Printable Version Search this Thread
07-16-2010, 07:52 PM   #1
Junior Member




Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Newport News, VA
Posts: 36
pentax k-7 SR problem with manual focus lens

Hello guys.
Just got my k-7 this afternoon, can not help to try my manual focus lenses on it. But here I have one problem. When I use my cosina 55/f1.2 pk mount lens on the camera. When I switch to the live view mode, the camera is shaking like crazy. It is from the SR system, I think, the image on the lcd also shakes. But when I use the kit lens, everything is ok.
Did anyone encountered such kind of problem? Don't think I got a faulty k-7, might just be something I did not set correctly.....
Thanks,

07-16-2010, 10:41 PM   #2
Inactive Account




Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Michigan, USA
Photos: Gallery | Albums
Posts: 7,485
QuoteOriginally posted by lwsy711 Quote
Hello guys.
Just got my k-7 this afternoon, can not help to try my manual focus lenses on it. But here I have one problem. When I use my cosina 55/f1.2 pk mount lens on the camera. When I switch to the live view mode, the camera is shaking like crazy. It is from the SR system, I think, the image on the lcd also shakes. But when I use the kit lens, everything is ok.
Did anyone encountered such kind of problem? Don't think I got a faulty k-7, might just be something I did not set correctly.....
Thanks,
What happens when you just use the Viewfinder? Meaning, can you take a picture with the lens? The camera should have asked what focal length the lens was when you turned it on. You also want to make sure you've set Use Aperture = allowed in the setup menu.

QuoteOriginally posted by TheoSixx Quote
I've heard you have to short out two of the lens contacts when using certain lenses.
Maybe the conditions you are experiencing are due to that?

Do a search to find the related content.
I just vaguely remember reading something to that effect when scanning posts.

Good luck and be certain to report back once you've obtained good results and found the solution.
That is with M42 type lenses.

07-17-2010, 06:44 AM   #3
Junior Member




Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Newport News, VA
Posts: 36
Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by JeffJS Quote
What happens when you just use the Viewfinder? Meaning, can you take a picture with the lens? The camera should have asked what focal length the lens was when you turned it on. You also want to make sure you've set Use Aperture = allowed in the setup menu.



That is with M42 type lenses.

No problem to use the viewfinder, I can take picture and the focus confirmation also works. The Use Aperture and focal length also have been set correctly.

Now I suspect it might related to the lever of the the lens. This is a M version lens, do I have to take the lever off?
07-17-2010, 02:24 PM   #4
Inactive Account




Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Michigan, USA
Photos: Gallery | Albums
Posts: 7,485
QuoteOriginally posted by lwsy711 Quote
No problem to use the viewfinder, I can take picture and the focus confirmation also works. The Use Aperture and focal length also have been set correctly.

Now I suspect it might related to the lever of the the lens. This is a M version lens, do I have to take the lever off?
No, you shouldn't have to.

I put an M type lens on my camera (K30 f2.8) and the only way I can make it do what you describe is to turn off SR and shake the camera. That, or put in a Focal length that is too long for the lens.




Last edited by JeffJS; 07-17-2010 at 02:48 PM.
07-17-2010, 04:02 PM   #5
Junior Member




Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Newport News, VA
Posts: 36
Original Poster
Problem solved by updating the firmware to 1.03.......
Now I can only hear sound when put my ear very close to the camera, don't understand why...
Reply

Bookmarks
  • Submit Thread to Facebook Facebook
  • Submit Thread to Twitter Twitter
  • Submit Thread to Digg Digg
Tags - Make this thread easier to find by adding keywords to it!
camera, focus, k-7, lens, pentax help, photography, sr
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Problem with manual focus noabsolutes Pentax DSLR Discussion 14 06-18-2010 06:27 AM
manual focus problem col48 Troubleshooting and Beginner Help 2 04-07-2010 03:15 AM
Manual focus problem with K10D? yyyzzz Pentax SLR Lens Discussion 8 12-01-2009 05:50 AM
K200D: Problem with manual focus tele_pathic Pentax DSLR Discussion 3 11-08-2009 10:05 PM
Problem with Manual Focus K100D brupa82 Pentax DSLR Discussion 11 06-15-2008 12:18 AM



All times are GMT -7. The time now is 07:36 AM. | See also: NikonForums.com, CanonForums.com part of our network of photo forums!
  • Red (Default)
  • Green
  • Gray
  • Dark
  • Dark Yellow
  • Dark Blue
  • Old Red
  • Old Green
  • Old Gray
  • Dial-Up Style
Hello! It's great to see you back on the forum! Have you considered joining the community?
register
Creating a FREE ACCOUNT takes under a minute, removes ads, and lets you post! [Dismiss]
Top