Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
07-20-2010, 06:43 AM   #1
Veteran Member

Merely wishing you ...

Today started out rough for me and after several depressing events I now sit here on the couch with coffee and laptop. I think it is time to comfort myself a bit, so, I declare the remainder of the day to be my HAPPY PENTAX day.
In front of me, my k-7: what an amazing tool! and my kx: color can make so so happy! Last weekend I walked through Mediamarkt past a long row of other camera's - lots of interesting ones, but you see, they aren't mine, mine are ... p e n t a x. What a glorious feeling. Ah, this helps. I think pentax is better than paracetemol.
Sigh, with the upcoming Photokina event there is a lot of lamenting going on around here, but I quess that is part of the pentax-deal. It is no different to me than 38 years ago when my brother told me I was a fool to get a Spotmatic, surely nikon (which is what he did) is the way to go. Well, I still use my m42's and I haven't stopped going yet. Pentax as the tool to visualize the color of my mood. When you are aging it helps having a tiny colored cam - can you take pictures with that? yes - can YOU take pictures? how nice for you ... I sure can. It is better to look cute than ridiculous.
Pentax just happened to me - lucky me - never felt compelled to change that. So, all of you, lamenting or cheering, HAPPY pentax day.

07-20-2010, 07:01 AM   #2
Forum Member

It IS a happy pentax day! Thanks for the nice wishes, PentaxMom! I am thoroughly enjoying my new white k-x, which is my very first dslr. I am still in the experimental stages... Finally set it on M yesterday and played around with flying completely manual! FUN! It still makes me smile when I use it. I hope your day gets better as you enjoy your "Happy Pentax Day."
07-20-2010, 07:26 AM   #3
Veteran Member

Original Poster
Thanks, Shellie, I already started feeling better but now I really do feel happy again. "Forgotten" the dreadful things my sons presented me with, on to the preparing of dinner.

Funny. All manual the first time ... it was the opposite for me when I went digital: autofocus first time. I have been quite upset with the results in the begin. I must confess I still override the autofocus a lot, as somehow I cannot get myself to trust it completely.

Keep flapping those wings, the world looks wonderful from above.
07-20-2010, 07:56 AM   #4
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by PentaxMom Felua Quote
Sigh, with the upcoming Photokina event there is a lot of lamenting going on around here, but I quess that is part of the pentax-deal. It is no different to me than 38 years ago when my brother told me I was a fool to get a Spotmatic...
You are spot on! Pentax has always forced their users to choose between "I want" vs "I need". I predict that Pentax will make their current users who want a FF camera to choose between selling their Pentax gear at a loss so that they can buy a 'plastic-fantastic' FF camera from another manufacturer...or else spending the same amount of money on an ergonomically perfect APS-C body that is waterproof and tough enough to drive nails.

07-20-2010, 08:35 AM   #5
Veteran Member

Original Poster
Thank you TaoMaas. When I sat around my kitchen table with my brother just the other evening, he asked me How on earth I could still be so interested in Pentax today and anyway ... photography easy with his nikon and do it all lens and everything always perfect = what do you need it for. And he was trying movies now. He was bored. Somehow photography slipped out of his life. But he wanted to know all about Pentax NOW. Sigh, brother, the same as yesterday. But you only have aps-c! No, brother, I still have ff with my spotmatic, but I CHOOSE not to use it at the moment. Digital editing has just opened its ports to me and I cann't begin to tell you, how amazingly wonderful that is. Those curves! undreamed of in my dark room.
Pentax just never is boring, is always challenging, and no, I don't need to earn my living with it, but as far as it goes, it helps me living.
Who ever so desperately wants ff, wants it digital. But I know the feeling of old carton ff black and whites. It just doesn't compare, it never will and u see, it doesn't have to: it is as is, which is, u know, film, the miracle of the (now, or not) past. I like my old cartons.
Let me drive, as you say so nicely, drive nails with my pentax. I will be my own self. I don't care, life is far to precious. Just use it! which makes pentax sort of a different word for life to me. And life has it quirks. What can I say.