Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
07-21-2010, 10:35 AM   #16
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by TAP Quote
I found my K-x kit through Google; I have found it to return the best/cheapest results.
Just a word of advice for the future: while this is true for many consumr electronic products, including the K-x, it is *not* true regarding most Pentax lenses. Pentax apparently enforces a policy of requiring dealers to advertise things only at list price (or some nominal amount below that). So Google searches, Amazon, and other traditional search methods will often show *greatly* inflated prices for Pentax lenses. You usually have to go directly to the dealer website and add an item to your cart to see the *real* price. And there are a surprising number of disreputable dealers who don't even offer a lower price on adding to cart, counting on you to not do your homework to find the true going rate for the lens. When in doubt, always go to a reputable dealer like B&H or Adorama and add to cart to check prices before committing to buy from anyone else - and if you go to B&H or Adorama via the links on this site, it actually helps the site out. I'd be giving you that same advice even if that weren't the case, though.

07-21-2010, 05:33 PM   #17

Photos: Albums
Original Poster
Those were my first 2 choices, but both were out of stock. Thanks for all the help.
07-25-2010, 11:00 PM   #18
TAP
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by Marc Sabatella Quote
Just a word of advice for the future: while this is true for many consumr electronic products, including the K-x, it is *not* true regarding most Pentax lenses. Pentax apparently enforces a policy of requiring dealers to advertise things only at list price (or some nominal amount below that). So Google searches, Amazon, and other traditional search methods will often show *greatly* inflated prices for Pentax lenses. You usually have to go directly to the dealer website and add an item to your cart to see the *real* price. And there are a surprising number of disreputable dealers who don't even offer a lower price on adding to cart, counting on you to not do your homework to find the true going rate for the lens. When in doubt, always go to a reputable dealer like B&H or Adorama and add to cart to check prices before committing to buy from anyone else - and if you go to B&H or Adorama via the links on this site, it actually helps the site out. I'd be giving you that same advice even if that weren't the case, though.
Thanks for the info, I hadn't tried Google for lenses except to do some price checking/comparing.. good to know!