Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
07-21-2010, 07:11 AM   #16
Banned

Photos: Gallery
When you make adjustments to your pics use the "Save As" menu item instead of a straight "Save". This will make a copy, keeping the original file and info unchanged. Be sure to give the file a different name or the original will be overwritten.

Last edited by billtin59; 07-21-2010 at 07:17 AM.
07-21-2010, 10:26 AM   #17
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery
The beginner's forum is always fine for any questions, but do note there is a forum specifically for discussing software as well.
07-21-2010, 12:08 PM   #18
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
I use GIMP along with it's RAW plug-in, UFRaw. It's all free and a little bit rough around the edges, so if you like the DIY-kinda spirit, this is for you. (I am not totally in the DIY camp when it comes to software, but this is what my bank balance dictates I can use, at the moment) My EXIF data does get saved. Whatever program you choose, there will probably be an option to preserve or save EXIF data.

I do not have any experience with it, but Photoshop Elements is fairly inexpensive.
07-21-2010, 06:06 PM   #19

Original Poster
Thank You billtin59 I might try that.

ChooseAName I have the same problem with the bank balance, that's why I think I'll also try a free program for now. Thanks for the reply

Marc thank you for letting me know, I will post there in future