Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
07-21-2010, 03:42 AM   #1
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
No light (Pentax K10d)

Hi, hoping for a little help here...

My K10d which I imported from U.S in november 2008 (I`m from Norway in Europe) has been working like a charm for two years and I`ve taken probably 20-30.000 pics with it since then.

But lately the green light on top of the camera haven`t come on when I push the light button to activate it.

Don`t know if I want to -or even have the right to- send it back to the seller (Abesofmaine.com) for repairs since this probably would take a number of weeks an it isn`t that big problem.. Therefore I wonder if this is something that is difficult to repair or if it`s possible just to change the light bulb maybe?

Anyone experienced the same problem btw?

07-21-2010, 04:25 AM   #2
Site Supporter

I can't help with the light questions but it would do little good to send it back to Abe's since it is out of warranty. All Abe's would do is send it to the offical Pentax repair and tack on some handling charges to the actual repair cost.

Your fastest and best method for repair is to use the repair center closest to your location.

Tim
07-21-2010, 10:38 AM - 2 Likes   #3
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
1+ to the advice to not send it back to Abe's of Maine.

Before you send it anywhere for repair, you should check that this feature is enabled (Menu/Custom Setting).

Steve
07-21-2010, 01:08 PM   #4
Site Supporter

Steve beat me to it--I was going to suggest you check to make sure you didn't accidentally disable the top lcd light.

07-21-2010, 02:57 PM   #5
Veteran Member

Original Poster
Thank you so much guys

Guess what? You were right, Stevebrot & Mprince!

Don`t really know what I was thinking,fumbling around on the menus like it was a toy or something. Anyway; enough embarassment for me here,I`m off to the various forums to reveal the mystic questions of camera light...

Again, thanks!
07-21-2010, 03:03 PM   #6
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by Larsenio Quote
Thank you so much guys

Guess what? You were right, Stevebrot & Mprince!

Don`t really know what I was thinking,fumbling around on the menus like it was a toy or something. Anyway; enough embarassment for me here,I`m off to the various forums to reveal the mystic questions of camera light...

Again, thanks!
That is our purpose in life...

Steve
07-22-2010, 02:49 AM   #7
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by Larsenio Quote
...Don`t really know what I was thinking,fumbling around on the menus like it was a toy or something. Anyway; enough embarassment for me here...
These things happen, no need to beat yourself up over it!
07-22-2010, 05:49 AM   #8
Veteran Member

Original Poster
It was just my sense of humour