Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
07-23-2010, 01:18 PM   #1

problem downloading images to pc

I have a Pentax Optio s12. When I download images to PC I get only the images on the built in memory but no transfer of images on SD card. I can view these images on the camera and reformatted SD card and took new pictures, but still no download of images. I am only using windows XP download images software as I have misplaced the CD that came with camera and had to reinstall windows on my computer. Is this part of the problem, I do have DivX and Mediaplayer 10 installed. Thank you for any assistance or ideas.

07-23-2010, 05:21 PM   #2

Original Poster
fix found for download problem

Probably only happens to new owners. The SD card was popping up a little when putting in download cable. All is well when SD card seated fully. Now I get the SD card images as well as the internal memory pictures.
07-23-2010, 05:22 PM   #3
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery
Use a card reader if you have one. Open 2 copies of Windows Explorer. Use one to find the files on the card. Drag and drop them onto your selected folder on the C drive in the other window.

I use a different file manager, but the procedure is the same. If you don't have a card reader you will have to navigate to the camera (should be a listed device).