Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
07-25-2010, 12:58 PM   #1
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
K-7 exposure dial not going down? Help please

Hi all

So, just notice right now that on M mode for instance, dialing the exposure dial UP (front dial/wheel to the right) it works perfectly. On the other way, going down (front dial/wheel to the left) it goes erratic like for instance 1/200 -> 1/100 -> 1/320 etc, instead of going always down

Dial is broken? (think so ) or is there something in the camera that makes this behaviour "normal"? (dialing left mainly makes the exposure go forward .... until 8000)

Urgent help needed!!!

Thanks ins advance

07-25-2010, 01:10 PM   #2
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by netuser Quote
Hi all

So, just notice right now that on M mode for instance, dialing the exposure dial UP (front dial/wheel to the right) it works perfectly. On the other way, going down (front dial/wheel to the left) it goes erratic like for instance 1/200 -> 1/100 -> 1/320 etc, instead of going always down

Dial is broken? (think so ) or is there something in the camera that makes this behaviour "normal"? (dialing left mainly makes the exposure go forward .... until 8000)

Urgent help needed!!!

Thanks ins advance
Very likely you had bracketing on.... you should be fine once bracketing is off.
07-25-2010, 02:58 PM   #3
Veteran Member

Original Poster
Bracketing is/was off
07-25-2010, 03:00 PM   #4
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by netuser Quote
is there something in the camera that makes this behaviour "normal"?
No, there is not.

07-25-2010, 04:57 PM   #5
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Switch the functionality between front and rear dials in the menu. If it works from rear dial, you then have a problem.
07-25-2010, 11:26 PM   #6

Try the turning the Lens correction/aberration off. As well as the highlight/shadow correction. It's worth a try...
07-26-2010, 12:05 AM   #7
Veteran Member

I have the exact same erratic behavior with my DX grip, that's really odd it's happening with the dials on the actual K7 though.

07-26-2010, 02:12 AM   #8
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

what is the condition of the camera battery?

I have found on the K7 that the exposure dial processing is a little eratic when the battery is low
07-26-2010, 11:20 AM   #9
Veteran Member

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by hyperboost671 Quote
Try the turning the Lens correction/aberration off. As well as the highlight/shadow correction. It's worth a try...
Quite "funny" but I had turned ON the highlight/shadow correction during the afternoon.....

QuoteOriginally posted by Lowell Goudge Quote
what is the condition of the camera battery?

I have found on the K7 that the exposure dial processing is a little eratic when the battery is low
The battery was not fresh but it's still the same and today the problem is gone.

What I did was to turn on and off after a complete RESET on the camera AND also I turned off the highlight/shadow correction.

After that and during today I tryied again the highlight/shadow correction and there was no problem (battery still the same)

One thing is sure, there is an issue .... with highlight/shadow correction, or battery that might occur again ...

THANKS ALL for the prompt replies