Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
08-01-2010, 03:53 AM   #31

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by shinabk Quote
The Kx is my first DSLR and I absolutely love it. Pretty much my only complaints so far are the lower res lcd screen and how quickly live view eats my batteries.
My first shots (3 days ago) were using Live View, and I was surprised at the shutter lag. I guess it was due to not being prefocused. When I turned off Live View I got almost instant shutter release. I'll likely seldom use Live View. My P&S, which I've had for over 6 years has LCD and viewfinder, and I have nearly always turned off the viewfinder in order to retain battery power. It's possible to use the viewfinder with the LCD on, but there's no point, of course. That camera was a battery eater of the first order (2 NiMH), and I learned to dread the lens suddenly retracting into the camera, signaling auto-shutoff.

08-01-2010, 04:00 AM   #32

Original Poster
Lots of helpful posts. Cheers guys.

Batteries! Which ones? Links?

These the best:

Sanyo MQN04-U-4-3UTG Eneloop Charger and 4xAA Batteries

Sanyo MQN04-U-4-3UTG Eneloop Charger and 4xAA Batteries: Amazon.co.uk: Electronics & Photo
08-02-2010, 12:30 PM   #33

QuoteOriginally posted by Koolpc Quote
Lots of helpful posts. Cheers guys.

Batteries! Which ones? Links?

These the best:

Sanyo MQN04-U-4-3UTG Eneloop Charger and 4xAA Batteries

Sanyo MQN04-U-4-3UTG Eneloop Charger and 4xAA Batteries: Amazon.co.uk: Electronics & Photo

I use Eneloops, along with a similar 4-chamber charger (the MQNO5U) and I'm very satisfied with the life-per-charge-cycle performance. This set-up does require several hours to fully charge, though. I recommend getting into the habit of recharging overnight to save yourself some aggravation. Unless you're comfortable with a rapid charger; I read so many debates about speed charging batteries that I gave up on picking a side just developed the overnight system. Oh, also: always keep fresh lithiums in your camera bag. Just in case...