Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
08-03-2010, 08:44 AM   #1
Forum Member

k10d and chromatic abberations :(

hey there, ive been using my k10d with 77 ltd till 2 weeks or so. but im not happy with chromatic abberation when using awb and shooting jpegs.
here are some examples : ImageShack Album - 6 images

i know i can reduce ca while editing but i wonder is there a solid solution from body settings. on water, glass, metal or any shiny surface im getting all reflection colors to magenta tried tuning awb but results are same

08-03-2010, 08:52 AM   #2
Administrator
Site Webmaster

Photos: Gallery | Albums
That doesn't look like CA to me, but rather a reflect. If it is CA, then it's because the light at that was very focused, and only PP will help. The FA 77mm otherwise does a great job of handling aberrations, so why not try a few other test shots of something that's not made of glass?

Adam
PentaxForums.com Webmaster (Site Usage Guide | Site Help | My Photography)

PentaxForums.com server and development costs are user-supported. You can help cover these costs by donating or purchasing one of our Pentax eBooks. Or, buy your photo gear from our affiliates, Adorama, B&H Photo, KEH, or Topaz Labs, and get FREE Marketplace access - click here to see how! Trusted Pentax retailers:
08-03-2010, 08:57 AM   #3
Forum Member

Original Poster
this problem occurs when the sun is up but its almost night time here gonna try on more surfaces tomorrow. a friend of me told that only k7 has ca correction and other bodies have no option to correct this :/
08-03-2010, 09:17 AM   #4
Veteran Member

The 77 Lim is known for its CA near wide open, too...

08-03-2010, 09:54 AM   #5
Loyal Site Supporter

I'm not seeing anything that I can pin down and call an optical flaw.
Perhaps you should go out and take some pictures rather than trying to find fault with your gear.
08-03-2010, 10:07 AM   #6
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by deathdream Quote
this problem occurs when the sun is up but its almost night time here gonna try on more surfaces tomorrow. a friend of me told that only k7 has ca correction and other bodies have no option to correct this :/
The Kx has CA correction too.

I agree with Adam. I do not think that is CA. To see how much CA that lens has, take a picture of power lines against a blue sky and if any CA is there you will definitely see it with that pic.
08-03-2010, 06:11 PM   #7
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
just what part of the image are you thinking is CA,

Perhaps a shot with very small aperture to have everything in focus would help understand the scene also

I have dealt with CA on many lenses especially old primes, and there are 2 types, laterial CA where out of focus detail is purple on one side and green on the other side, and longitudinal CA where objects in front of the focus plane are surrounded by a purple halo and behind th efocus are surrounded by green