Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
08-05-2010, 05:59 PM   #1
Inactive Account

[langtitle=no]Hvordan få kun en farge på bildene? (K-x)[/langtitle]

Hei, er veldig ny med det Pentax kameraet. Derfor har jeg et spørsmål, hvordan få fram bare en farge når man tar et bilde. Og gjør man det etter man har tatt bildet, eller før? For det skal være noe greier som gjør at man får fram bare en farge :P
Takker for alle fornuftige svar.

Mvh nybegynner med speilrefleks.

08-05-2010, 06:32 PM   #2
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery
Not sure if you can do it in camera or not, but anytime I've done it, I've done it after in PP (I use Lightroom). I would suggest that if you do plan on doing this, that you shoot in RAW. Altering a JPG that much may degrade the quality of the picture.
08-05-2010, 06:37 PM   #3
Veteran Member

You can do it in-camera with the Kx (in the K7 too)

I encourage you to read your manual, you would already know how to do this

It will be under the digital filter section, you'll also learn a ton of other cool stuff that your camera can do that you can basically only learn how to use if you read the manual.
08-05-2010, 06:38 PM   #4

color extract

I do it all the time in my kx before I take the pic and after it can be altered also. The pics come out fantastic in jpeg and dont seem the least bit degraded at all.
Read you manual under filters there should be a section on color extract. Its quite easy once you read the manual and actually do it once.

Doug

08-06-2010, 06:44 AM   #5
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
And the Extract Color filter can be used before or after the image has been captured. Some of these in camera edits with "digital filters" are fun.
If you have the manual to your K-x or K-7 owners even, look for Digital Filters in the index.
Extract Color will remove all color with the exception of one you have chosen to remain. In many cases it is effective.
08-06-2010, 07:31 AM   #6
Ira
Inactive Account

I suggest you do it this way.

1) Do the shot in B&W.

2) If you hopefully have a post processing program that does this, convert the file to RGB. Then convert it to duotone.

3) When converting to duotone, you'll have the option of choosing a PMS (Pantone) color from a list of hundreds of colors. This is your second color (your first is black)--and hence the word "duo."

4) When you convert to duotone, there will be graph charts/sliders for you to adjust the impact of each of the two colors.

You really need the black in there to make it a nice photo. Just removing the Green and Blue in camera and just leaving Red is kind of bland.
08-06-2010, 10:06 AM   #7
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by eccs19 Quote
Not sure if you can do it in camera or not, but anytime I've done it, I've done it after in PP (I use Lightroom). I would suggest that if you do plan on doing this, that you shoot in RAW. Altering a JPG that much may degrade the quality of the picture.
JPEG files are not that fragile. If you resave it a hundred times after changes you might be able to tell the difference if you look closely.
08-06-2010, 10:22 AM   #8
Inactive Account

Do you mean similar to these? I guess they are possible in camera but I use Photoshop utilizing layer masks.

08-06-2010, 10:35 AM   #9
Ira
Inactive Account

QuoteOriginally posted by JeffJS Quote

Do you mean similar to these? I guess they are possible in camera but I use Photoshop utilizing layer masks.

Were you talking to me?

Those are really nice, but I was talking about a simple duo throughout the entire image.

But were those actually duo? Not RGB?
08-06-2010, 11:01 AM   #10
Inactive Account

QuoteOriginally posted by Ira Quote
Were you talking to me?

Those are really nice, but I was talking about a simple duo throughout the entire image.

But were those actually duo? Not RGB?
To the OP.

They are RGB. Layer masking and mixing allows one to select what portions of a photo transitions affect. Then you can selectively paint out to any degree you wish, that effect. Duo may work as well or even better, that's just the method I use. It's one of those features of photoshop that I happen to think works quite well.

08-06-2010, 01:11 PM   #11
Forum Member

Love love love that red leaf amongst the B&W, Jeff! I'm still learning all the most basic operations of my K-x, but I'm hoping soon to be able to experiment with the fun stuff like that. I guess I better brush up on my Photoshop skills, too, since I'm even more of a PS noob than a dslr noob. Everyone here inspires me to learn quickly, though, because I really want to be able to produce images that look like THAT... eventually.
08-06-2010, 01:21 PM   #12
Inactive Account

QuoteOriginally posted by shellie Quote
Love love love that red leaf amongst the B&W, Jeff! I'm still learning all the most basic operations of my K-x, but I'm hoping soon to be able to experiment with the fun stuff like that. I guess I better brush up on my Photoshop skills, too, since I'm even more of a PS noob than a dslr noob. Everyone here inspires me to learn quickly, though, because I really want to be able to produce images that look like THAT... eventually.
Thank you, Shellie.. The Adobe website actually has some pretty good photoshop tutorial videos. Lots of other ones on YouTube as well. Just look for Layer Masking and you'll have the basics of how I did it and you'll be at it in no time.

Welcome to the club!