Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
08-14-2010, 04:08 PM   #1
Forum Member

Photos: Gallery
K-x flash HELP

Hi,
Well to start things off I just got my first pentax the other day. This is also my first DSLR. I took 3 years of photo in school about 10 years ago and haven't shot much in the last 5 years. I took about 200 shots yesterday all different lighting condition trying to familiarize my self with this camera. Here is my problem i cant figure out my flash is too bright or i don't know the right settings most of my night shots are washed out by the flash especially faces. Please Help Me. THANK YOU

08-14-2010, 04:25 PM   #2
Administrator
Site Webmaster

Photos: Gallery | Albums
I recommend you weaken the flash intensity in your menu ("weak" is recommended), and, if needed, decrease the aperture by half a stop when shooting.

Adam
PentaxForums.com Webmaster (Site Usage Guide | Site Help | My Photography)

PentaxForums.com's high server and development costs are user-supported. You can help cover those costs by donating. Or, buy your photo gear from our affiliates, Adorama, B&H Photo, or Topaz Labs, and get FREE Marketplace access - click here to see how! Trusted Pentax retailers:

08-14-2010, 05:42 PM   #3
Veteran Member

What position on the mode dial were you using? (auto, P, M?)

Do you know how to use the manual modes and control exposure, ISO, aperture, ect?

Most questions like this need a bit more context but once we have some it'll most likely be an easy fix
08-14-2010, 06:00 PM   #4
Forum Member

Photos: Gallery
Original Poster
I do know how to control all manual modes tried many different ways no luck with wash. Thanks adam you nailed it i had the flash maxed i dont know if it was defaulted that way or i did it but it's fixed now.