Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
08-24-2010, 08:41 AM   #1

lens adaptors

Hi can anyone help. A long time ago I brought a minolta Dynax 500i which had minolta A-type bayonets. Now I have moved to DSLR and have recently brought a pentax K-x. Does anyone know if I can use minolta lenses on the pentax K-x. Can I convert minolta A-type lenses to KAF2, KAF3/2, KAF, or KA bayonets??

I would be really grateful if some one could help.

Doc Martin

08-24-2010, 08:56 AM   #2
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Normally you cant use one brands lenses on another camera because the register distance of each mount does not allow for a mechanical adaptor and the retension of infinity focus. However reciently There are Chinese adaptors that are actually low Magnification teleconverters. At present there are ones for minolta MD, nikon AI and canon FD to pentax. I have the canon and nikon adaptors which are 1.4. And 1.25 x magnification respectively. Another forum member I believe has the minolta one They are good for normal and longer lenses but not so good for wide angle. Check the forum for shots taken with both
08-24-2010, 09:14 AM   #3
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
There is a chinese adapter for Minolta MD lenses but not for Minolta/Sony A. There is still a good market for A mount lenses because Sony uses them for the Alpha DSLRs.