Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
08-26-2010, 01:19 PM   #1

Double Shutter Problem in K-x?

Hey!

I am new here. I got my Pentax K-x few weeks ago and i love it. I seem to have a slight problem with the camera. Sometimes when i click photos the shutter tends to open and close twice. When i use live view mode this always happens. But the photo's are not underexposed. Another weird problem is that photos take like 4-5 seconds to save. I tried saving in JPEG and RAW, but both give the same result. I am using a 4GB Sandisk Extreme III memory card to save so it shouldnt take long to save. I tried a different memory card but got the same fault.

I am running the latest firmware v1.01.

is my camera defective? does it needs to be serviced? can anyone help me figure out what the problem is?

08-26-2010, 01:46 PM   #2
Veteran Member

That's how the camera takes pictures in live view. It have to close the shutter then open it again, this is normal.

And when it takes longer to save, it's because you turned on distortion and / or chromatic aberration correction

Cheers
08-26-2010, 02:08 PM   #3
V10

Mine does the same thing when shooting in Live view.

As for the delay in saving photos, do you have Distortion Correction or Lat-Chromatic-Ab Adj on? I noticed quite a delay in saving photos with those features on.
08-26-2010, 02:11 PM   #4

Original Poster
Thank you!
i turned off chromatic aberration and distortion correction works like a charm.

Cheers!

08-26-2010, 02:14 PM   #5

Original Poster
Yes, i do have Distortion Correction or Lat-Chromatic-Ab Ad on. I turned it off works like a charm. dint notice.

i heard that it is supposed to do than in live view mode.
08-26-2010, 05:06 PM   #6
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
What makes you say the shutter opens and closes twice? are you getting two pictures? If so, check that you aren't in continuous shooting mode. If you just mean it *sounds* like the shutter is opening and closing twice, you are probably actually hearing the mirror flip for phase detect AF. You can the camera not do that by selecting contrast detect AF instead (no, I don't know how, but I'm sure the manual does).

BTW, please don't start multiple threads to ask the same question. I've merged these two.
08-27-2010, 05:02 AM   #7

Original Poster
I am not getting two pictures. its a single picture. Its not on continuous shooting mode, its at single frame shooting. And no its not sound. the shutter first closes then opens and then closes. is that normal?

oh and sorry im new here still getting used to stuff.

08-27-2010, 08:47 AM   #8
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
You can't normally see that open and close. You can see the *aperture* open and close, though, so that may be what you are really referring to. And as I explained above, the mirror definitely does need to do an extra flip in live view mode unless you use contrast detect AF. Are you using contrast or phase?
08-28-2010, 02:35 AM   #9

Original Poster
i use manual focus.
08-28-2010, 01:28 PM   #10
Veteran Member

in live view it always makes two sounds, nothing is wrong