Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
08-26-2010, 07:05 PM   #1

Exposure level bar graph on k20d

I cannot seem to figure out how to turn on the exposure bar graph on my k20d, for use with manual focus lens. Anybody know the secret?

08-26-2010, 07:18 PM   #2

Photos: Albums
Hold the DOF preview switch and the graph will appear.
08-26-2010, 08:30 PM   #3

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by lowspark86 Quote
Hold the DOF preview switch and the graph will appear.
Just would like to add, this is assuming you have the DOF Preview switch set to actually show the DOF Preview, rather than Live View (which is what I set on my K20D) or the other option I cant remember the name but it will let you take an actual shot for you to examine and the image will be disposed as you exit the view unless you explicitly opt to save it.
08-26-2010, 08:55 PM   #4
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Also be sure to go into the menues and enable the aperture ring: )MENU -> Custom settings -> 36: Using Aperture Ring =Permitted.

All the way at the bottom.

Also be sure to have the mode dial in 'manual.' (M) (That 'bar graph' ...we used to call, 'A light meter.' )

Last edited by Ratmagiclady; 08-26-2010 at 09:01 PM.
08-27-2010, 08:11 AM   #5
Inactive Account

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by sajah Quote
Just would like to add, this is assuming you have the DOF Preview switch set to actually show the DOF Preview, rather than Live View (which is what I set on my K20D) or the other option I cant remember the name but it will let you take an actual shot for you to examine and the image will be disposed as you exit the view unless you explicitly opt to save it.
The other option is called Digital Preview.

QuoteOriginally posted by Ratmagiclady Quote
Also be sure to go into the menues and enable the aperture ring: )MENU -> Custom settings -> 36: Using Aperture Ring =Permitted.

All the way at the bottom.

Also be sure to have the mode dial in 'manual.' (M) (That 'bar graph' ...we used to call, 'A light meter.' )
...and that is the 'secret'..

08-30-2010, 09:14 AM   #6

QuoteOriginally posted by sajah Quote
or the other option I cant remember the name but it will let you take an actual shot for you to examine and the image will be disposed as you exit the view unless you explicitly opt to save it.
Not to hijack, but I totally fail to see the point of that mode. It's just so simple to take a normal shot and trash it if you don't want it, why muck with another mode to do the opposite?