Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
08-29-2010, 12:58 PM   #1
Inactive Account

Tamron Adaptall question

Hi all,

I have an original Adaptall P/KA mount which doesn't seem to have any glue on the screw. However when I use it to attach a Tamron 80-200mm macro on my K10D there are two problems: 1/ The aperture value is not read and thus not adjustable, and 2/ It's extremely stiff to manually turn the aperture ring (the blades do close & open though).

What should I do?

Thank you.

Last edited by Ole; 08-29-2010 at 01:09 PM.
08-29-2010, 02:27 PM   #2
Administrator
Site Webmaster

Photos: Gallery | Albums
The aperture has to be set manually using the aperture ring, since there are no electrical contacts on the lens. You camera furthermore has to be in M mode. Here's is an article on how to use manual lenses with Pentax DSLRs: https://www.pentaxforums.com/forums/pentax-lens-articles/110657-how-use-manua...7-k-x-etc.html

To answer question #2: I think that through routine use, the ring will loosen up. This was the case with on of my older lenses as well.

Adam
PentaxForums.com Webmaster (Site Usage Guide | Site Help | My Photography)

PentaxForums.com's high server and development costs are user-supported. You can help cover those costs by donating. Or, buy your photo gear from our affiliates, Adorama, B&H Photo, or Topaz Labs, and get FREE Marketplace access - click here to see how! Trusted Pentax retailers:

08-29-2010, 04:27 PM   #3
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by binh.nguyen Quote
Hi all,

I have an original Adaptall P/KA mount which doesn't seem to have any glue on the screw. However when I use it to attach a Tamron 80-200mm macro on my K10D there are two problems: 1/ The aperture value is not read and thus not adjustable, and 2/ It's extremely stiff to manually turn the aperture ring (the blades do close & open though).

What should I do?

Thank you.
Hi,

Whether you see glue on the contacts or not, just take a small exacto knife and scratch the first contact, left of the three ball bearing like protrusions on the mount. I did that with every mount I have acquired so far and they all work as they should. Before you mount the adapter check to see if the aperture ring moves on the lens freely or not. If it's stiff try rotating the aperture ring gently back and forth and see if the movement becomes more smoother. When mounting the adapter to the lens, turn the aperture ring on the lens to it's widest position, align the green dots, make sure the two tabs on the mount is correctly placed in the slots of your lens and mount. After mounting inspect the rear of the lens mount, check to see if the aperture actuating pin is bent or not. If it's bent straighten it out carefully then try moving the pin and let go, you should feel some resistance when pulled and it should snap back to it's original position with an audible snap. If these steps are followed, you should be able to get AE control on your Tamron lens,

Good luck,