Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
08-30-2010, 10:15 AM   #1

Photos: Gallery
Remove Author name

Solved.

I have a K-x.
I made a spelling error in the Author setting and cannot remove my name in order to redo it.
How can I correct my mistake?

Last edited by TWN; 08-30-2010 at 11:12 AM.
08-30-2010, 12:10 PM   #2
Administrator
Site Webmaster

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Accross all your photos? You'll need to open up each one and change the EXIF data manually, as the setting in your camera is not retroactive.
08-30-2010, 12:18 PM   #3
TWN

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Adam Quote
Accross all your photos? You'll need to open up each one and change the EXIF data manually, as the setting in your camera is not retroactive.
Thanks for the reply but I fixed it myself.
I just had to read the instructions over and over and over for the information to finally sink in
10-26-2012, 01:30 AM   #4

I know this will be like banging the thread, but I would like to know how you solved. Because, I have also recently bought a 2nd hand Pentax DSLR and it shows the previous author's name in each photo.

Thank you in advance!

10-26-2012, 04:03 AM   #5
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by BARAnCUDA Quote
I know this will be like banging the thread, but I would like to know how you solved. Because, I have also recently bought a 2nd hand Pentax DSLR and it shows the previous author's name in each photo.

Thank you in advance!
For my K-r, I found it in the menu under Copyright Information. It is probably the same for your K-x. If you have the manual, the page for Copyright Information should be listed in the index section in the back.

Tim
10-26-2012, 08:10 AM   #6

QuoteOriginally posted by atupdate Quote
For my K-r, I found it in the menu under Copyright Information. It is probably the same for your K-x. If you have the manual, the page for Copyright Information should be listed in the index section in the back.

Tim
Great, found and managed to modify it! Thanks for the ultra quick answer ;-)
10-26-2012, 09:08 AM   #7
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
The copyright information is not reset even if you reset all the settings to default (two operations in newer cameras like the K-r). I think you have to go to the copyright screen to delete the old information and reset it.
10-26-2012, 09:30 AM   #8

QuoteOriginally posted by Just1MoreDave Quote
The copyright information is not reset even if you reset all the settings to default (two operations in newer cameras like the K-r). I think you have to go to the copyright screen to delete the old information and reset it.
Thanks, but I had already managed to change it thanks to the answer of atupdate