Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
08-31-2010, 12:13 PM   #1
Inactive Account

Pentax ME Super

I have a Pentax ME Super with some lenses and accessories- does anyone here have any idea what I should ask for it ????

Thanks for any help.

Bob

08-31-2010, 12:26 PM   #2
Administrator
Site Webmaster

Photos: Gallery | Albums
ME's cost under $100, but, depending on what lenses and accessories are included, you might want to ask more.

Lens prices can be found here: Comprehensive Pentax Lens Listings - Pentax Lens Review Database

You may list your camera for sale here once you've found a price (note that a fixed price must be stated, but you may be open to offers as well).
Photographic Equipment for Sale - PentaxForums.com

Adam
PentaxForums.com Webmaster (Site Usage Guide | Site Help | My Photography)

PentaxForums.com server and development costs are user-supported. You can help cover these costs by donating or purchasing one of our Pentax eBooks. Or, buy your photo gear from our affiliates, Adorama, B&H Photo, KEH, or Topaz Labs, and get FREE Marketplace access - click here to see how! Trusted Pentax retailers:
08-31-2010, 12:44 PM   #3
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
KEH currently pays $46 for a ME Super body in EX (80-90% original condition) or $61 for EX+ (90-96% original condition). They try to sell them for $84-94. If it's an all black body they pay about $20 more.
09-01-2010, 07:15 AM   #4
Inactive Account

Original Poster
I wonder if we are talking about the same camera. This is the one I have.

"The Pentax ME Super was a highly successful 35 mm single-lens reflex camera produced by Pentax of Japan between 1979 and 1984."

cheers,
Bob

09-01-2010, 07:23 AM   #5
Inactive Account

the super ME, also known as the Super program, like adam said, will get you under $100. What lenses do you have?
09-01-2010, 08:11 AM   #6
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by Prox-iee Quote
the super ME, also known as the Super program, like adam said, will get you under $100. What lenses do you have?
ME Super and Super Program are two different cameras.

https://www.pentaxforums.com/forums/pentax-manual-focus-film-slr-camera-revie...-me-super.html

https://www.pentaxforums.com/forums/pentax-manual-focus-film-slr-camera-revie...r-program.html

The ME Super was an ME with manual mode added on. Super Program aka Super A was an A series camera.
09-01-2010, 08:14 AM   #7
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Prox-iee Quote
The ME Super and Super Program are different cameras. The ME super does Aperture Priority or Manual. The Super Program does Program AE, Shutter Priority, Aperture Priority and Manual. The Super Program also has aperture preview, and is a totally electronic shutter.

The Super Program also goes by the name Super A, but never Super ME.

ME Super:

https://www.pentaxforums.com/forums/pentax-manual-focus-film-slr-camera-revie...-me-super.html

Super Program:

https://www.pentaxforums.com/forums/pentax-manual-focus-film-slr-camera-revie...r-program.html

I see ME Supers going in the 50-ish range if they need a CLA but work. Freshly CLA'd copies go for 80-100.

09-01-2010, 08:25 AM   #8
Inactive Account

QuoteOriginally posted by unixrevolution Quote
The ME Super and Super Program are different cameras. The ME super does Aperture Priority or Manual. The Super Program does Program AE, Shutter Priority, Aperture Priority and Manual. The Super Program also has aperture preview, and is a totally electronic shutter.

The Super Program also goes by the name Super A, but never Super ME.

ME Super:

Super Program:

I see ME Supers going in the 50-ish range if they need a CLA but work. Freshly CLA'd copies go for 80-100.
oh wow. Guess you learn something everyday haha. I always thought the super program was just rebranded name for export
09-01-2010, 04:11 PM   #9
Inactive Account

Original Poster
Thanks for the info folks.

Anyone interested with the telephoto ,wide angle lens, autowinder, and flash ??

Cheers,
Bob
09-02-2010, 09:18 PM   #10
Veteran Member

Bob, we need more information. If the wide angle is a Pentax-A 28mm f/2 or a SMC 28mm f/2, the answer is yes I want it. It it is a Tokina RMC 28mm f/2.8, you'll have to work a little harder to find a buyer. If you tell us the brands, focal lengths and apertures of teh lenses, we can point you int the right direction.