Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
09-02-2010, 03:48 AM   #1
Forum Member

Photos: Albums
Which Battery ?

Hello peoples, I hope i'm in the right place to ask this question, nothing worse than joining a forum only to get blasted for asking the wrong question in the wrong place.

Any way my question is this, which is the best AA battery, I'm also in Australia so I'm limited by what Aus has to offer.

I've been using a Fuji S9500 for the past 5 years and that runs on AA's and over the past year batteries have been dying on me even tho their new or freshly charged and it's always when I'm needing them the most...of course !

I've recently aquried a *ist DS and would like to not have this problem so please for those of you that have been using the AA for a while would know what works for them so please share, I don't want to be shut down by crap batteries !!!

Brand of chargers to would be useful.

Thank you in advance.

Take care.

09-02-2010, 04:51 AM   #2
Veteran Member

After experimenting with several battery types, I settled on Sanyo Eneloop for use with my DS.

The key quality is very low self-discharge rate. My experience is that I can charge batteries, shoot only a few frames and then forget about my DS (I use K10D as well) then after several months I can grab my DS again with batteries still full and ready to power the camera as good as a freshly charged set.

In contrast, leaving Ni-MH set to sit idle for a few months leads to half depleted batteries capable of squeezing 30-50 shots max. Let them sit 6 months and Hi-MHs would be almost completely empty. Eneloops would be still OK to go, probably for 200 shots.

See more at:
SANYO eneloop | Ready to use Rechargeable Battery - The only battery you will ever need
09-02-2010, 04:52 AM   #3
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
Greetings and welcome

Have a quick look - there is a sticky (https://www.pentaxforums.com/forums/pentax-camera-field-accessories/92821-bat...tml#post945340) that deals with batteries in the beginners corner - or do a search.

But to answer your question with respect to AAs in Oz - Sanyo Eneloops (and their licenced clones) are regarded as the best rechargable (NiMH with low self discharge). Look for batteries with a white insulator cap. The Eneloop charger seems good enough, but there are others out there.

Or Everyready Lithiums if you like spending money.

Good luck with your hunting.

Cheers

Last edited by MoiVous; 09-02-2010 at 05:12 AM.
09-02-2010, 12:58 PM   #4
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
Amazon has Enloops and the charger for about $20US. I love mine and got them after reading the sticky linked to above.

09-02-2010, 01:40 PM   #5

I use Sanyo Eneloops (and various re-branded Eneloops) with the Sanyo super quick charger (part no. MQHO3) bought in a bundle (part no. ECH4400) and get over 1000 shots per charged set in the *ist DS.
09-02-2010, 02:09 PM   #6

I use the Everready E2 lithium that come with the camera. I've taken over 1900 shots and they are still going.
09-03-2010, 05:02 AM   #7
Forum Member

Original Poster
Thank you so much.
09-03-2010, 05:15 AM   #8
Forum Member

Original Poster
Thanks to everyone for their tips, I've found some sanyo and there not to badly priced so I'm really rapped with that.

Thank you.