Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
09-07-2010, 04:26 AM   #1
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
DIY Vintage Looking Photo Album?

I'd like to make a nice vintage-looking album for a special friend for a special occasion. Her favourite movie is the Pixar animation "Up", which features the following "Adventue Book":

I'm not normally a craft person, but just wondering if you guys could give me some tips on how to go about making an album that looks as close to this as possible!

Or, if you know of somewhere that I can purchase something like this, that would be even better!!

Thanks in advance.

09-07-2010, 07:40 AM   #2
Forum Member

Hmm Disney want to sell you this thing
Disney My Adventure Book ''Up'' Scrapbook and Postcards Set | Disney Store

but this is much better

My Adventure Book by SlightlyEmbellished on Etsy

and this is the one I'd want (if I wanted one ) , maybe you can order a custom one or at least get some ideas on how to make your own from the description.
My Adventure Book by SlightlyEmbellished on Etsy

I say give it a go, handmade gifts are special and this kind of project would be pretty forgiving (think character not mistake)
09-09-2010, 01:06 AM   #3
iht
Veteran Member

Original Poster
That's really nice work! Thanks for the link. OK. I'm going to have a go at it. Thanks!
09-10-2010, 01:38 AM   #4
iht
Veteran Member

Original Poster
Hey guys, I've decided to make my own by making and printing the cover.

I've got Paint Shop Pro, but am a real newbie. Reproducing the following seems like an impossible task!

Any tips on how to do:
- leather pattern
- smudging things so it looks old
- tips in general?

Thanks heaps in advance! (I've included the link on the original Chinese site as well. I'd love to buy it, but I need it by the 18th, and I don't have a taobao account. Unless someone from China can help??

【My adventure book】相册赠贴纸明信片皮克斯Pixar飞屋环游记up-淘宝网