Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 1 Like Search this Thread
09-15-2010, 07:27 PM   #16
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by Docrwm Quote
I ordered a Lowepro Top Loader 55AW because its dimensions are long enough to fit the K-x with the 300mm attached. ''It arrived today and I reviewed it here:

https://www.pentaxforums.com/forums/pentax-camera-field-accessories/83212-cam...ml#post1182138

All I can say is that this is getting very frustrating.
That's sad. I'm very satisfied with my Lowepro Off Trail, it certainly has good padding, came with a lot of dividers, fits the camera with a 300 attached with spare room and both the shoulder and belt straps are of good quality. Then again, it's from a different crop, as they don't manufacture anymore. Maybe it was better quality back then, or their "hiking" gear is better quality overall.

I got my bag second-hand (but barely used) from a site like Ebay here in Brazil.

09-15-2010, 08:03 PM   #17

Photos: Gallery
I have a Tamrac 5625. The k-x with the 55-300 lens fits well. I like it, it is not a cheaply made bag. It was not cheap. You might not like it because the lens does rest on the bottom of the bag.
09-20-2010, 06:34 PM   #18
Veteran Member

I got a pentax branded bag with my K-x.
It pretty much fell apart after 4 weeks of constant usage.
I now have a Crumpler and it appears to be 'Bomb-Proof'!
Check the sizing in-store and then order online as they can be found cheaper but are smaller than on-line descriptions suggest.
09-21-2010, 04:24 AM   #19
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Original Poster
The problem is that there isn't a dedicated camera store anywhere near us anymore. The local chain went out of business 12-18 months ago. So trying bags locally is very difficult. Most of the big box stores have 2-3 top loaders at most. Thanks for all the leads.

When I bought my laptop bag the descriptions were MUCH more complete IMHO and eBags even had a matching subroutine on their site that said Yes/No for specific bag+laptop combinations. I know it would be harder for camera+lens+bag but still.....