Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
09-19-2010, 04:27 PM   #31
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Very nice shot! I just purchased a 55-300 and I am very excited to use it for sports photos and other events. Glad you are getting the hang of your Kx .

09-19-2010, 10:10 PM   #32

Photos: Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by Gashog Quote
I have no experience with Pentax dslrs and no offence Lurch but learning how to make the camera take good jpegs was kinda the point for me. Taking nothing but raw and gimping each one for half an hour or an hour seems counter intuitive. My brother in law does just that and gets paid pretty good too. I just think it's more prudent to learn to work with your camera rather than cut the manufacturers firmware out and fight with PS or LR or Gimp to produce something that may or may not even be there.
Easy for me to say with FujiFilm I guess.
I can't believe that Pentax is that bad at jpegs.
AFA pro dslrs, i've gone from S2 to D200 to S5. Each one does jpegs different but once you find the sweet spot, your PP gets really easy.
I believe the K-X does quite well with Jpegs, its noise reduction is a tad on the strong side though. I believe all photos, good or bad benefit from some post processing. Guys i work with have $2500 canon 5d mark II's with $1500-2000 lenses and their pictures dont really pop until they have spent some time in lightroom / photoshop.

I still think shooting in raw is ideal because if you shoot the photo in the wrong settings you have more power to fix it later when you can see it on a computer screen. (no one is perfect :-)