Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
09-18-2010, 09:54 AM   #1

Stupid flash! Probably just stupid operator...

I'm getting really frustrated with my Km... I recently purchased a generic external flash, I read how to use it and I know that I can only use it in manual or shutter priority mode.I did that yesterday and it worked fine...

I went to use it today and it wouldn't work! The flash itself works fine, the test button makes the flash, flash and its fully charged but when I go to take a picture it wont work! I changed everything to the exact same settings that I was using it on yesterday and nothing...

I have read my manual and I can't find anything in there to help me... I'm 9 months pregnant and I'm about to throw my camera across the room!!! (not that that is relevant but it might show how angry I'm getting lol)

09-18-2010, 10:09 AM   #2
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
Only thing that pops into my head would be your shutterspeed. Make sure your shutterspeed is 1/180 or slower. I'm not sure what the max sync speed is for your camera, so I'm guessing 1/180. It should definitely work at 1/125. Hope this helps.
09-18-2010, 10:10 AM   #3
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
Try cleaning the contacts. Sometimes with simple flashes they wont fire if attached too tight or too much loosely. I had this problem with several flashes (even Metz), but never with AF360FGZ, which I use the most.
09-18-2010, 10:58 AM   #4

Original Poster
Thanks a lot.. I cleaned the contacts and adjusted it so its not so tight and it seems to be working again
If it stops working I'm going to smash it lol, at least that gives me an excuse to buy a new camera!

09-18-2010, 11:11 AM   #5
Veteran Member

I have a Bower flash, it won't work when I push it in all the way onto the hot shoe same way I do with the other flashes, I have to pull it out a little and then it make contact and works .