Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
09-26-2010, 07:03 AM   #31
Inactive Account

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by twix23919 Quote
I have another question...which lens hood do you prefer? the flower design or rubber?
Tulip is best. The rubber ones, though cheaper eventually deteriorate.

09-26-2010, 07:23 AM   #32
Pentaxian

Photos: Albums
I have another question...which lens hood do you prefer? the flower design or rubber?
I have both rubber and hard plastic. For these lenses, definitely get plastic hoods. But note that the knock-off for the 55-300, is not petal shaped, it is a tapered tube, exactly like the original. The copy of that original design provides optimum shading and can be reversed on the lens for storage.
09-26-2010, 09:06 AM   #33
Inactive Account

Original Poster
I thought I would copy/paste this question back in cuz I may have gotten ahead of myself by asking another question immediately after, so here goes.....oh, and thanks again ahead of time for your response!

"good morning....I have been enjoying all the comments! it's been great info! I ordered my k-x camera kit yesterday from bh. my question now is on the filter adapter, which way would you go? would you do a step up adapter or a step down? and is there any reason why one way would be better than the other? thanks again!"

09-26-2010, 02:16 PM - 1 Like   #34
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
The two I linked to in an earlier reply are copies of the Pentax hoods. The 58mm is a tapering tube with a sliding cutout to manipulate a PL filter if needed and the 52mm is a tulip design. EACH of them reverse and store on the lenses without interfering with operation of the lens.

09-26-2010, 03:09 PM   #35
Veteran Member

I thought I would copy/paste this question back in cuz I may have gotten ahead of myself by asking another question immediately after, so here goes.....oh, and thanks again ahead of time for your response!

"good morning....I have been enjoying all the comments! it's been great info! I ordered my k-x camera kit yesterday from bh. my question now is on the filter adapter, which way would you go? would you do a step up adapter or a step down? and is there any reason why one way would be better than the other? thanks again!"

I would go with step up . With step down adapter you'll get vignetting when using 52mm filter on the 55-300 .
09-26-2010, 06:20 PM   #36
Inactive Account

Original Poster
thanks so much for your input! I'm looking forward to getting everything, and all this research and recommendations have been terrific! thanks everyone for all your help in this!