Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
09-22-2010, 08:10 AM   #1

Battery acid leaked in KX

Hallo!

ich habe seit 2 Monaten eine K-X. Sie macht super Fotos, aber vor 2 Tagen ist mir von einer Batterie nur leicht in den Deckel bei einem Kontakt Batteriesaeure ausgelaufen.
Ich habe den Kontakt sofort mit einem Wattestaebchen gesaeubert, aber seit dem kann man die Kamera nicht mehr einschalten.
Gibt es einen Trick, sie wieder ans Laufen zu bekommen, oder muss; ich zu meinem Haendler gehen, der die Kamera dann wohl einschicken wird?

Lupus

Last edited by Lupus; 09-22-2010 at 08:20 AM. Reason: .
09-22-2010, 09:31 AM   #2
Veteran Member

Use the tip of the parer knife scrap off the damaged metal at the contacts until you see the metal is shiny . Also check the connections between contacts .
09-22-2010, 12:26 PM   #3
TAP

As i understand it, you've had the camera for 2 months, correct?
If all else fails, visit the Pentax website or refer to the info that came with your camera and call customer service for warranty information. If you've had your camera for less than a year, Pentax will repair it for free [you just pay for shipping]
09-22-2010, 09:32 PM   #4
TAP

I have not yet made use of my warranty [although i should before it expires], but do beware as there can apparently be problems in doing so.

This is a quote from [a reliable poster] Hinman in another thread:
QuoteQuote:
In warranty period, you are VERY much on your own! In my case, my parts were back-ordered from Japan which carry NO ETA. A typical repair in warranty takes 6 to 8 weeks. And if parts are back-ordered, God helps you for that 1-2 months of waiting with NO ETA given.

Read more at: https://www.pentaxforums.com/forums/pentax-news-rumors/115144-very-disappoint...#ixzz10K75c9YF

09-26-2010, 03:33 AM   #5
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Try cleaning the contacts with pencil eraser.
09-26-2010, 09:11 AM   #6
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
I'd try using alcohol--I've used alcohol swabs in the past with great effect on contacts. The best are the little square pads that are generally used for prep before an injection (can get them at any drug store).
09-26-2010, 11:07 AM   #7
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by TAP Quote
I have not yet made use of my warranty [although i should before it expires], but do beware as there can apparently be problems in doing so.

This is a quote from [a reliable poster] Hinman in another thread:
the OP is from Germany, this has nothing to do with him
09-26-2010, 12:40 PM   #8
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Lupus,
What type of batteries are you using?

Clean the contacts and any other area that has the leakage on it. Cotton swabs with alcohol are good, I have also had good luck with vinegar depending on the type of battery.

As I understand you the camera will no longer turn on after the battery leaked. I assume you have tried new batteries?

If the contacts are clean and you are using new batteries then it should go back to the dealer for service.

Just to be sure, this is a digital k-x not the older film KX, correct?

09-27-2010, 10:58 AM   #9
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by jatrax Quote
If the contacts are clean and you are using new batteries then it should go back to the dealer for service.
That's pretty much the plan of action I would follow.
09-27-2010, 07:40 PM   #10
Inactive Account

If the batteries are made by a reputable manufacturer, it might be worth an attempt to contact them and see if they might offer a form of compensation for their defective product.