Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
09-22-2010, 08:31 PM   #1

K-x bottom shutter speed setting?

Is there way to limit parameter variation in Tv, Av modes? Just like ISO but for other parameters.

For example in Av, I want it to increase ISO instead of setting shutter speed lower than 1/200, but the camera always uses something like 1/60 or 1/100. Now I have to guesstimate ISO for correct shutter in Av mode, which is not convenient since I have to press 'right' button to set ISO, and it's too far from my thumb.

I wish at least green button would allow to get to ISO quickly...

At least, is it easier to achieve this in K-7 ?

09-22-2010, 08:55 PM - 1 Like   #2
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by olenl Quote
Is there way to limit parameter variation in Tv, Av modes? Just like ISO but for other parameters.

For example in Av, I want it to increase ISO instead of setting shutter speed lower than 1/200, but the camera always uses something like 1/60 or 1/100. Now I have to guesstimate ISO for correct shutter in Av mode, which is not convenient since I have to press 'right' button to set ISO, and it's too far from my thumb.

I wish at least green button would allow to get to ISO quickly...

At least, is it easier to achieve this in K-7 ?
The usage for both Av and Tv is a little different. First, you should pre-select your ISO based on your situation and how you want to control noise (either select a fixed ISO or use the Auto ISO range option). Then you play with aperture or shutter speed accordingly.

This is not different than how it used to be with 35mm film, you had to select your ISO before hand. You don't have to "guesstimate", the ISO is something that normally you have a pre-defined idea, even if you use the Auto ISO range.

Otherwise, use Sv mode.

Last edited by hcarvalhoalves; 09-22-2010 at 09:28 PM.
09-22-2010, 10:03 PM   #3
TAP
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by hcarvalhoalves Quote
The usage for both Av and Tv is a little different. First, you should pre-select your ISO based on your situation and how you want to control noise (either select a fixed ISO or use the Auto ISO range option). Then you play with aperture or shutter speed accordingly.

This is not different than how it used to be with 35mm film, you had to select your ISO before hand. You don't have to "guesstimate", the ISO is something that normally you have a pre-defined idea, even if you use the Auto ISO range.

Otherwise, use Sv mode.
+1, I agree with hcarvalhoalves. ISO should be determined beforehand.
09-22-2010, 11:17 PM   #4
Veteran Member

In the k10/20/7/5 you have a TAv mode in which you choose both f stop and shutter speed and the camera will choose the iso.